All Things 2019-2020 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Happy to see Villanova take down the stripper pole crew. (Derision expressed toward coach, not players.)

Think Nebraska fans are happy? Losing to that UND team is tough. They are not good.

Think Nebraska fans are happy? Losing to that UND team is tough. They are not good.
What happened to Nebraska after last season? They weren't great last year, but now they are losing to mid-majors on a regular basis. Im sure Hoiberg has a "plan" but it has not gotten off to a good start in any way.

What happened to Nebraska after last season? They weren't great last year, but now they are losing to mid-majors on a regular basis. Im sure Hoiberg has a "plan" but it has not gotten off to a good start in any way.

Their best players who could return, didn't (Palmer). Freddie ran off several to start fresh. This is what starting off fresh means. They are brutal but beat Purdue and took Indiana to OT. It's probably Freddie's version of Year Zero.

Their best players who could return, didn't (Palmer). Freddie ran off several to start fresh. This is what starting off fresh means. They are brutal but beat Purdue and took Indiana to OT. It's probably Freddie's version of Year Zero.

Agreed. Going to a place with little/no basketball history was the right move for Hoiberg

14 new players on the roster this year, definately starting over. Just to clarify, Palmer was a senior, Roby was the player that left early. Fred is definately taking some fliers on some some questionable recruits.

14 new players on the roster this year, definately starting over. Just to clarify, Palmer was a senior, Roby was the player that left early. Fred is definately taking some fliers on some some questionable recruits.
Sure is recruiting well. Michigan knocking it out of the park and UW, OSU and IU have laid a great deal of work into 2021

I couldn’t find the old one of these.

OSU loses to WVA. Not a terrible loss but not very helpful to us.

Not gonna kill us with NET and the ohio state win will still be Quad 1 at end of year.

Unless OSU tanks all the way out of the 25 of the NET with a bunch of losses from here on out, it won't matter.

Unless OSU tanks all the way out of the 25 of the NET with a bunch of losses from here on out, it won't matter.
Of course it matters. OSU was previously #1 in the NET. There is a difference between beating the #1 team and beating the #25 team. A win over #25 may still be a Q1 win, but a win over #1 is better for the resume and could be what puts a bubble team on the right side of the cut line. The Gophers need all the help they can get as there is a good chance they find themselves in Last Four In/First Four Out territory.

Northwestern lost ANOTHER game to a mid-major yesterday. Can we just send NW and Nebraska to the Summit league for the rest of the year?...

Good old Welsh-Ryan arena. Like playing basketball in the attic.

Of course it matters. OSU was previously #1 in the NET. There is a difference between beating the #1 team and beating the #25 team. A win over #25 may still be a Q1 win, but a win over #1 is better for the resume and could be what puts a bubble team on the right side of the cut line. The Gophers need all the help they can get as there is a good chance they find themselves in Last Four In/First Four Out territory.
Ohio state wont drop much, but dont count on them being #1 anytime soon again.

I mean it helps the higher they stay, but no it really doesn't matter a ton. Especially with all the other Big10 games us and them are going to play. As long as OSU stays a Q1 win(which they will barring a meltdown that is key)

Looooooooong ways to go but right now I think it would be better to hope DePaul remains a Q2 loss if anything. They plummeted last night and need to prove they can win BE games this year. They are now 67th in the NET. Drop 9 more spots and its Q3.

Wisconsin only scores 22 at home in first half against Rider. They are struggling this year. I predict a sweep by the Gophers.

Wisconsin only scores 22 at home in first half against Rider. They are struggling this year. I predict a sweep by the Gophers.
I agree Wisconsin is not the Wisconsin we know. However I’m sure Pritzl will light us up in at least one of those games.

I agree Wisconsin is not the Wisconsin we know. However I’m sure Pritzl will light us up in at least one of those games.
I think you will find out that they are the Wisconsin you remember. Slow start today shooting the first 5 minutes but it ended up pretty good. The story of this team is that the defense is really the strength. It is also amazing how they have improved since Potter has been inserted into the line up on 12/22 He has changed the dynamic of the team. Its not his scoring, rather the affect he has had on the rest of the team. They certainly are not an Ohio State but better than they were 2 weeks ago. The Gophers are looking good, Pitino has them playing well. Oturu is a beast and Kalesheur has found his stroke.

Wisconsin may (have been) struggling, but B1G officials Home Cookin is in fine form. Odds are we won't win in Madison again.

Wisconsin beats Ohio State at Ohio State. Who would have thought.

Ohio State had Young a key player out tonight but they looked terrible again.

Lot of balance but if they want to be a true Final 4 contender they have to stop turning the ball over. So sloppy.

Still think MSU ultimately wins the league

Illinois stomps Purdue 63-37 in Champaign.

Top Bottom