All Things 2019-2020 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

He won't do it though. Covington at the 4 is such a bad idea with terrible results so far. He is a 3 and nothing is going to change that, but Ryan has tied his cans to the small ball idea.

Rosas has tied Ryan's "cans to the small ball idea."

I heard that the small ball thing is more on Ryan than Rosas. Not sure if that is 100%?

Me neither, but their Offense sure looks different than before Rosas got here.

Me neither, but their Offense sure looks different than before Rosas got here.
Saunders said last year that after he took over from Thibs he didnt want to change much midseason.

Regardless, team doesnt have personnel for small ball.

Angry Ryan Saunders rips into Andrew Wiggins, Timberwolves after team loses seventh in a row

Ryan Saunders was mad as hell, and he wasn’t going to take the first half anymore in the Timberwolves’ 117-110 loss to the Bulls on Wednesday night.

The Wolves committed nine first-quarter turnovers and were down by as many as 19 to a team that isn’t exactly the cream of the NBA crop. In the halftime locker room, he was mad at the entire team and had a “one-sided” conversation with them.

“You can call it a conversation if you want,” Saunders said.

But he directed some of his ire at one player in particular — Andrew Wiggins.

Wiggins seemed as if he was in witness protection during the first half: three points, four turnovers. Saunders made sure to let Wiggins know he was displeased with that effort.

“He was yelling at me a lot of the time,” Wiggins said. “… I needed it. The first half was a bad first half. I wasn’t aggressive. I was settling. I feel like in the second half, I just was a little more aggressive, tried to get downhill, creating for guys and do whatever I could to help the team win.”

Howl Wolves!!

Guessing that "slump" will end tonight.

James Harden's current slump is worst in four seasons

Speaking at Tuesday’s practice, D’Antoni said of Harden:

For the first three-and-a-half years I’ve been here, [this is] the first tough stretch he’s ever had. Realistically, he’s going to get out of it. He keeps working. He’s working on his shot. You don’t overreact to that.
You don’t tell him, ‘Don’t shoot that like you did for three-and-a-half years, and you won us an average of 58 games. Don’t do that.’ That’s crazy. ‘Do what you do. You have the best instincts of an offensive player ever. Then, do it.’ He will. I have no doubt two weeks from now, that’s not an issue.

STrib: Ryan Saunders sets expectation for Wolves: Stop digging holes for yourself

A day after he admonished his team after a flat first half in Chicago, and with back-to-back games starting Friday against Houston, Wolves head coach Ryan Saunders had his team back at practice Thursday afternoon.

“We’re here to work,” he said.

Another message? Perhaps. Just about everyone in the Wolves locker room talked about the spark that Saunders’ message provided Wednesday. And the team responded.

But it wasn’t enough to get past the Bulls in the United Center. So Saunders kept a somber tone Thursday talking about what his team needed to do to end a losing streak that has now reached seven games — a month after the Wolves endured an 11-game losing streak.

“I want these guys executing better down the stretch, defensively executing game plans better down the stretch and not digging ourselves holes, too,” Saunders said.

And while Thursday’s practice was going to be more mental than physical — Saunders had the players watch film at two stations set up on the practice floor — it’s clear Saunders is still not pleased.

“There are going to be games throughout the season where everybody ‘lays an egg,’ ” he said. “People talk about that in the NBA. I don’t want to buy into that. You can always control your focus, control the type of maximum effort you give, no matter when it is.”

Howl Wolves!!

David Khan, the worst G.M. in sports history, seemingly wanted to have a roster full of Point Guards. Rosas seemingly wants a roster bereft of them.

They did hold Harden to 12 last night, but Gordon got 27 and Westbrook 45. That 45 was without a single 3pt shot.

Rockets 131 - Wolves 124.

Towns did get 30 and 12 in only 28 minutes. Wiggins got 28 in 33. However, combined they had 8 FT attempts.

Westbrook and Harden combined for 19.

David Khan, the worst G.M. in sports history, seemingly wanted to have a roster full of Point Guards. Rosas seemingly wants a roster bereft of them.

They did hold Harden to 12 last night, but Gordon got 27 and Westbrook 45. That 45 was without a single 3pt shot.

Rockets 131 - Wolves 124.

Towns did get 30 and 12 in only 28 minutes. Wiggins got 28 in 33. However, combined they had 8 FT attempts.

Westbrook and Harden combined for 19.
They have to be tanking. I'm terrified Taylor hired the wrong person AGAIN

Absolutely indefensible 4th quarter performance

Since 1996-97, the first year of play-by-play data, NBA teams entered the day 0-8,378 when trailing by 17 or more in the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter or overtime.

Since 1996-97, the first year of play-by-play data, NBA teams entered the day 0-8,378 when trailing by 17 or more in the final 3 minutes of the 4th quarter or overtime.

He pulled the starters out with 3 minutes left.

Was at the game. I will not be renewing my tickets next season. Saunders should be fired. This team does not have many likable players on it. Okogie is the worst shooter of all-time. That's all.

Was at the game. I will not be renewing my tickets next season. Saunders should be fired. This team does not have many likable players on it. Okogie is the worst shooter of all-time. That's all.

Besides this, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Honestly, how does this franchise turn itself around? It’s a complete dumpster fire.

I take it Saunders will be available if the Gophers have a coaching search in a couple months?

I was also at the game. I wanted to leave with five minutes left and the game comfortably wrapped up and my friend wanted to stay, so we did until the end of regulation. I've never seen anything like it. My friend kept saying that the Kings were going to come back, to the point where I began to get annoyed with him. When Fox went to the line with four seconds left needing to miss the second free throw and get a putback, Ryan put Vonleh, the slowest player on the team, in to block out Fox. I think Vonleh might still be standing there.

Signing a bunch of crappy players who don't belong in the league to one year deals and Ryan to a cheap contract to make up for the cost of the remainder of Thibs deal is how this $1B+ asset rolls. Worst franchise in sports.

I was also at the game. I wanted to leave with five minutes left and the game comfortably wrapped up and my friend wanted to stay, so we did until the end of regulation. I've never seen anything like it. My friend kept saying that the Kings were going to come back, to the point where I began to get annoyed with him. When Fox went to the line with four seconds left needing to miss the second free throw and get a putback, Ryan put Vonleh, the slowest player on the team, in to block out Fox. I think Vonleh might still be standing there.

Signing a bunch of crappy players who don't belong in the league to one year deals and Ryan to a cheap contract to make up for the cost of the remainder of Thibs deal is how this $1B+ asset rolls. Worst franchise in sports.

There are a lot of bad teams. No way wolves should be one of the worst. If Saunders stays, I have to believe they are tanking

There are a lot of bad teams. No way wolves should be one of the worst. If Saunders stays, I have to believe they are tanking
I believed they were tanking when KAT sat out for a month with a sore knee.

Only the Wolves would be stupid enough to tank in a year where there's absolutely no one in the draft that's worth tanking for.

I believed they were tanking when KAT sat out for a month with a sore knee.

Only the Wolves would be stupid enough to tank in a year where there's absolutely no one in the draft that's worth tanking for.
I can't find the quote now. But rosas said last night after the game that they "arent chasing wins but dont want to lose like that"

Top Bottom