ALL IN

TruDomGopher

Reaction score
I've been following Gopher football since Warmath. I'd long since given up on the Gophers in Pasadena before I was breathing dirt. And this guy Fleck has me--it's a virus, it's infectious, it's wonderful. It's like, hey, someone gets it: the U should be Stanford with mosquitoes. What Coyle and Fleck are saying--that's what I've been saying for dang near 60 years.

When's the last time we had an AD that went to an interview with a checkbook? (Aside: Thank God for Jim Delaney and the BTN for doing so much to make this possible.)

This ain't Smoking Joe clutching thorns in his teeth, this ain't Brewster bluster, this ain't Kill struggling to reboot to the Mason era. This is the swing for the fences, a real grab at greatness--sweeping away the remnants of the "What do you expect? It's Minnesota." to "Minnesota--where all the student-athletes are above average!"

So I'm ALL IN. SKI-U-MAH! Fill the trophy case!

I've been following Gopher football since Warmath. I'd long since given up on the Gophers in Pasadena before I was breathing dirt. And this guy Fleck has me--it's a virus, it's infectious, it's wonderful. It's like, hey, someone gets it: the U should be Stanford with mosquitoes. What Coyle and Fleck are saying--that's what I've been saying for dang near 60 years.

When's the last time we had an AD that went to an interview with a checkbook? (Aside: Thank God for Jim Delaney and the BTN for doing so much to make this possible.)

This ain't Smoking Joe clutching thorns in his teeth, this ain't Brewster bluster, this ain't Kill struggling to reboot to the Mason era. This is the swing for the fences, a real grab at greatness--sweeping away the remnants of the "What do you expect? It's Minnesota." to "Minnesota--where all the student-athletes are above average!"

So I'm ALL IN. SKI-U-MAH! Fill the trophy case!

Beautiful post! I love it! This is the attitude we should all have! I love that it comes from a fan who's been following Gopher football since the Warmath era!

Like you alluded to, Harbaugh is a much better comparison than Brewster. He was a QB coach in the NFL and coached 1 alright season and 2 fantastic seasons at USD (an FCS school) and Stanford took a shot on him. In actuality, Fleck has a much better resume than Harbaugh when Stanford hired him.

Top Bottom