All in.

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
Just listened to Coach Johnson. I'm all in.

So here's the scoop: politically, I'm *just* to the right of Atilla The Hun. Wouldn't hire a dude just because he's black. Wouldn't not hire a dude for that reason either. Just don't care. The PC angle of this hire does *nothing* for me.

Don't care about the current political climate or "winds" blowing through Minneapolis. I have no antipathy for those who do care, but that's not me. Just don't care.

Don't care about saving money. You spend what it takes to get the job done. Whether that's a lot of money or a pittance. Again: just don't care.

Johnson strikes the right chords on the things I do care about. Intelligent. Honest. Thoughtful. Hardworking. Anxious. Impatient in the right way. Hungry.

What's not to like? Let's give him time - I think he'll make us all proud.

I'm all in.

Well, I'm all in too. I'm all in because it's a done deal and there's nothing I can do about it. I can pout and argue about why he wasn't the best choice all in the spirit of pointlessly wasting time and emotion. But, why bother? For now, I'm all in and wish him great success. I'll be very happy if that happens. If he fails in the future, I won't hesitate for a nanosecond to bitch, but, until then, I'm good.

Get in the pit and try to love someone.
o7 o7 o7 Coach Johnson o7 o7 o7

I am all in if he is a winner.....if not, then, this will be a waste of time and put the program back another 5 years and 10m in salary and a hit to a major source of revenue for the Athletic department.

The reason for all the consternation is that we have NO idea if this guy can recruit, coach , or lead a program. Perhaps this is a lateral move from Pitino. Richard got many three star athletes form out side of Minnesota. Unless BJ can get the five star elites from Minnesota, there is no evidence to support the narrative that a 3 star from Minnesota are any better or worse than a three star from let’s say, florida or Ohio. So to hire him to bring Minnesota AAU players here and this will produce more wins, is a big leap. Of course if you recruit the likes of Suggs and Holmgren, we can talk. Those players want to play for winning programs, not for a home town mediocre team.

i hope BJ can develop players better than Pitino but we don’t know that either. When a proven coach like Musselman or smith would be interested in taking this job, Coyles judgement will always be called into question, unless of course BJ proves it was a great hire on the court.

So, yes, I am all in! we have no choice.....Coyle will be on a short leash for people like me who expect more......

You're all in ..... what does that mean? You're donating now? You're buying season tickets now?

Or you're just saying you'll keep watching the games on TV?

Of course I'm going to keep watching. And it doesn't matter a damned bit whether I declare that I'm "all in" when I do watch. They're going to do what they're going to do.

You're all in ..... what does that mean? You're donating now? You're buying season tickets now?

Of course I'm going to keep watching. And it doesn't matter a damned bit whether I declare that I'm "all in" when I do watch. They're going to do what they're going to do.

MplsGopher is not all in.

I am not all-in. Johnson has a lot to prove and honestly not a lot of time to prove it. Once he practices what he preaches, I'll give him a year or two, them I'm all in. Coyle had to see something in this guy, so let's hope it works out. It's hard to be all-in on a guy who has no track record and hasn't even been the HC for two weeks yet. I am still not all-in on PJ Fleck, honestly either.

I live in Tampa these days. No can do w/r/t season tickets. ...I do, however, attend games in the event that I am in town when a home game is going on. Really miss Big Ten wings/subs, though.

I'll support the team and coach now. I don't buy that he's the right coach, but he is OUR coach.

I want to see how the team plays the first 10 games of the season and when he decides to take his time outs, to me that's crucial.

I want to see how the team plays the first 10 games of the season and when he decides to take his time outs, to me that's crucial.
I know. There is such a strong predictor when you look at the research for success of P6 coaches based on their use of timeouts in the first ten games of their coaching career. Should be fascinating.

I know. There is such a strong predictor when you look at the research for success of P6 coaches based on their use of timeouts in the first ten games of their coaching career. Should be fascinating.

I'm sure there has to be, because according to Coyle, that's the only thing he needs to learn.

It's a meaningless phrase, if you're an internet/TV fan.

If you're a season ticket holder, and you've decided to renew -- that's actually some skin in the game.

"All In" does not have to represent something tangible. touchdownvikings is choosing to be excited and passionate about Ben Johnson and the direction of the Gophers. As a season ticket holder, I respect that.

Season ticket holder all in! I'd bet my house that Ben succeeds!

I was all in, but this piqued my interest, i'm not THAT all in.

Lets say success is:
More than 2 NCAA tournaments in 6 years - - is that fair?
Big 10 winning percentage of .500 or higher - - (we can throw out the first year if it's under .500 and you can keep if it's over)

Lets make a deal :).

Lets say success is:
More than 2 NCAA tournaments in 6 years - - is that fair?
Big 10 winning percentage of .500 or higher - - (we can throw out the first year if it's under .500 and you can keep if it's over)
I think lately you're pretty much in if you're >= 0.500 conf? Hell Pitino made it twice and very possibly could've squeaked in this year if Gabe and Robbins don't get hurt.

Would like to win a game.

Rutgers was 10-10 in Big Ten, beat Clemson, and hung tough with Houston.

I see no reason why that can't be a bar for success.

I think lately you're pretty much in if you're >= 0.500 conf? Hell Pitino made it twice and very possibly could've squeaked in this year if Gabe and Robbins don't get hurt.

Would like to win a game.

Rutgers was 10-10 in Big Ten, beat Clemson, and hung tough with Houston.

I see no reason why that can't be a bar for success.
I'm so all in I might buy a new U of M coffee mug

What is the alternative? Stop watching the games or reading about them?

I seriously doubt whether anyone on this board is really going to go that far.

If you're a fan, you're a fan. If you're not, then you're just a bystander - innocent or not.

I have followed Gopher sports since the late 60's. I can't imagine not following Gopher sports, even when they make me crazy.

In fact, over the last 5+ years, I have become a more intense Gopher fan and a much more casual fan of the MN pro teams. If the Gopher FB team loses, I get upset. If the Vikes lose, I listen to the post-game call-in show to laugh at the crazy fans.

I hope Johnson does well. I hope all the coaches do well.

That does NOT mean that I turn off my brain. If I see something I don't like, I will say so. I did that a lot with Pitino the last couple of years. But I would prefer to be happy because I watched the Gophers play well.

Top Bottom