All but official: Gophers vs Quinnipiac in the Frozen Four final.

Taji34

Reaction score
Up 3 vs Michigan with under 2 to go in the game.

Some late soft goals given up by the Michigan goalie sunk them.

I'm not a great hockey mind, but Quinnipiac looks like world beaters to me. They'll be a handful Saturday. It's going to be 'skip the Easter vigil' appointment television.

Edit: we were going to go the next morning anyway. Something like 19 people receiving various rites of initiation. My wife was like, no.

Last edited:

You can see the talent and drive on Quinnipiac but Gophs have more talent and play in a style that will give them a clear advantage. Go Gophers!

Go Gophers. Let’s get that championship

This should be a classic. Both teams with a ton of speed. Think it comes down to special teams and I give that advantage to the Gophers. Gophers 4 Bobcats 2 with an open netter

This should be a classic. Both teams with a ton of speed. Think it comes down to special teams and I give that advantage to the Gophers. Gophers 4 Bobcats 2 with an open netter
I fear east coast refs in the special teams department.

I think the secret to how the Gophers will do vs Quinnipiac has more to do with Michigan than it does with Quinnipiac, as odd as that might sound.

Teams like MN and MI get the best players so they win a lot of games and often get deep in the tourney. Their weakness is usually their youth. In a one and done single elimination tourney, good teams full of good 24 year old players often play well against good teams full of 19 year old great players.

I feel like Michigan is the only team that can match the Gophers talent, and that showed head to head with one goal game differences and Michigan winning the B1G tourney.

But, the Gophers have done a much better job channeling their youthful talent to success in the NCAA tourney. The Gophers were able to come back from early game setbacks in two of their three wins and eventually the talent just took over.

Michigan escaped with their lives VS Penn State and then fumbled their way through their loss to Quinnipiac. In short, they looked like a young team coached by a young coach. Based on what I have seen, the Gophers have done a much better job dealing with adversity and would have had a much better result against both Penn State and Quinnipiac.

Quinnipiac could certainly beat the Gophers tomorrow with a great game on their part, or the Gophers finally looking like a bunch of teenagers on our part. It wouldn’t be a historic upset if the Gophers lose. But, for what it is worth I do feel oddly confident about this.

Quinnipiac could certainly beat the Gophers tomorrow with a great game on their part, or the Gophers finally looking like a bunch of teenagers on our part. It wouldn’t be a historic upset if the Gophers lose. But, for what it is worth I do feel oddly confident about this.

This is very much in line with my thinking as well. "Oddly confident" is an apt description.

Three members of the No. 1 Minnesota men's hockey team earned 2022-2023 AHCA/CCM Hockey Men's Division I All-American West First Team status it was announced Friday with Logan Cooley, Brock Faber and Matthew Knies picking up the distinction.

Northeastern’s Devon Levi and Aidan McDonagh repeated as first-team All-Americans in selections announced Friday by the American Hockey Coaches Association.

Levi, a goalie, and forward McDonagh joined Harvard defenseman Henry Thrun (East first team), Michigan defenseman Luke Hughes (West first team), Quinnipiac defenseman Zach Metsa (East second team) and Quinnipiac goalie Yaniv Perets (East second team) in returning to the All-American lists. Metsa was a first-team pick in 2022 and a second-team selection this season.

West first team​

Blake Pietila, Michigan Tech senior goalie

Brock Faber, Minnesota junior defenseman

Luke Hughes, Michigan sophomore defenseman

Logan Cooley, Minnesota freshman forward

Adam Fantilli, Michigan freshman forward

Matthew Knies, Minnesota sophomore forward

East first team​

Devon Levi, Northeastern junior goalie

Lane Hutson, Boston University freshman defenseman

Henry Thrun, Harvard senior defenseman

Sean Farrell, Harvard junior forward

Collin Graf, Quinnipiac sophomore forward

Aidan McDonagh, Northeastern senior forward

West second team​

Ryan Bischel, Notre Dame senior goalie

Mike Benning, Denver junior defenseman

Jake Livingstone, Minnesota State junior defenseman

Carter Mazur, Denver sophomore forward

Jason Polin, Western Michigan senior forward

Massimo Rizzo, Denver sophomore forward

East second team​

Yaniv Perets, Quinnipiac sophomore goalie

Sam Malinski, Cornell senior defenseman

Zach Metsa, Quinnipiac graduate defenseman

Matt Brown, Boston University senior forward

Matthew Coronato, Harvard sophomore forward

Alex Jefferies, Merrimack junior forward

This is very much in line with my thinking as well. "Oddly confident" is an apt description.
Oddly confident could be grounds for revoking your Gophers fan credentials. It’s simply unheard of, if not completely disallowed. 😂 🏒

Luke Hughes signs pro contract. With NJ, I believe.

Michigan hasn't won a championship with Hughes and not in the title game.
Oops. Had something cross wired in my head. Just alittle embarrasing. I'll delete it.

Top Bottom