All-Big Ten Candidate

98VQueens

Reaction score
189789_10150152624234179_108780634178_8014766_562747_n.jpg

Golden Gopher Basketball
Congrats to Blake Hoffarber who moved into 18th place on the Gophers' all-time scoring list with 18 points on Saturday. He heads into the game at Northwestern with 1,232 career points.

Hoffarber Named Capital One Academic All-American

Senior Blake Hoffarber (Minnetonka, Minn.) has been named to the Capital One Academic All-America® Men’s Basketball second team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).

Hoffarber, a two-time Academic All-Big Ten performer and finance major in the prestigious Carlson School of Management, leads the Gophers in scoring, assists and minutes played with career-high numbers of 13.7 ppg, 4.0 apg and 34.7 mpg.

One of the most accurate shooters in Gopher history, Hoffarber is the Gophers’ leader with 270 career three-pointers and currently sits in fourth place on the Gophers’ three-point percentage list at .411 (270-657).

190007_10150103740749947_563159946_6526949_2543800_n.jpg

Just saw these and thought I'd share.

Sully/JJ/Leuer/Taylor/Moore. Possibly Battle instead of Moore.

Mbakwe is a 2nd team lock, I'd say. I count 7, maybe 8 guards I'd take before Blake - so a shot at the 3rd team?

edit: On an aside, can you even imagine the smackdown that first team would provide? Without looking, I'll take that team over any other conference's team any day of the week.

Mbakwe is a 2nd team lock, I'd say. I count 7, maybe 8 guards I'd take before Blake - so a shot at the 3rd team?
Mbakwe is a lock for the 2nd team.

RE: Hoffarber; I can think of 5 that will make it above him...Battle, Taylor, Moore, Lucas, McCamey. What other 2-3 are you including above him? Regarding their numbers and what they've brought to their team this year, his numbers are basically identical to Buford (identical), Lighty (Hoff's are superior) and Thompson (Juice has 1 more point/game, same assists, less rebounds than Hoff).

It'll be interesting to see who the coaches vote in...all are deserving for sure. It's a great senior class this year; probably one of the better classes that I can remember.

Morris and Thompson were my other two. I guess not necessarily before him, more like he's directly competing with those. Buford's right there too.

Would Hoff have had a better chance if he didn't have to switch to pg?

Hoffarber's stats are superior to Lighty's, and markedly better than Diebler's.

Except that Lighty is an elite defender, and Hoffarber is one of the weakest defenders in the league. Blake might have the worse lateral quickness of any starting guard in the Big Ten. He is a great shooter, good rebounder, and that's it.

Top Bottom