All B1G schools seem to have removed their conference schedules from 2023 onward on their athletic sites.

Taji34

Reaction score
Speculation that this is because B1G is scrapping divisions and will redo all the scheduling to fit with the new format.

If you go to Gopher Sports to look at the schedules only the non-conference games are still listed.

Seems likely to be the case with the new rule passed in regards to divisions and championship games.

New TV deal will dictate the future of the conference (expansion) and scheduling (one division.) Win the West this fall Gophers!

Speculation that this is because B1G is scrapping divisions and will redo all the scheduling to fit with the new format.

If you go to Gopher Sports to look at the schedules only the non-conference games are still listed.
Could be. They also rereleased this years schedule too. So they could be just taking stuff down as it’s being redrawn with or without divisions

New TV deal will dictate the future of the conference (expansion) and scheduling (one division.) Win the West this fall Gophers!
Short of Notre Dame and USC (California), I don't think there are enough "game changing" adds left for the Big Ten.

Adding P5's with great academic reputations and even in fairly populous states that would potentially bring a lot of new BTN subscribers -- Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Boston College -- I'm not sure if that model still holds water. That was the model for the Rutgers and Maryland adds.

Washington, Stanford, Arizona St to me would fall in that same type of group I just named. Oregon has more national cachet, but I'm worried that could end up as a Nebraska-like add.

Short of Notre Dame and USC (California), I don't think there are enough "game changing" adds left for the Big Ten.

Adding P5's with great academic reputations and even in fairly populous states that would potentially bring a lot of new BTN subscribers -- Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Boston College -- I'm not sure if that model still holds water. That was the model for the Rutgers and Maryland adds.

Washington, Stanford, Arizona St to me would fall in that same type of group I just named. Oregon has more national cachet, but I'm worried that could end up as a Nebraska-like add.
Notre Dame would be the smart move for both the B1G and ND. I can't see USC making the jump without UCLA

Notre Dame would be the smart move for both the B1G and ND. I can't see USC making the jump without UCLA
Could schedule them in non-conf.

Notre Dame plays USC and Stanford every year, so they get a trip out to California (alumni, boosters, donors) every year.

Could schedule them in non-conf.

Notre Dame plays USC and Stanford every year, so they get a trip out to California (alumni, boosters, donors) every year.
USC would get absolutely destroyed as a program in the big ten. Instead of being the king of the west coast they’d be in absolute dog fights with Purdue, Iowa, Minnesota, and Michigan state in 45 degree weather in late October and early November. They’d be traveling 3 time zones for 4 road games a year and possibly kicking off at 9am pacific time for some of them.

Would be dumb for USC to go to the big ten.

But the money,
okay I get it

USC would get absolutely destroyed as a program in the big ten. Instead of being the king of the west coast they’d be in absolute dog fights with Purdue, Iowa, Minnesota, and Michigan state in 45 degree weather in late October and early November. They’d be traveling 3 time zones for 4 road games a year and possibly kicking off at 9am pacific time for some of them.

But the money,
okay I get it
Four road games out of 12 games. Early, but hardly impossible. 45 is fine, if it's a lot colder then it could be a problem.

Not seeing where or why they'd get destroyed.

But the money,
okay I get it
USC will be among Washington and a few others if it happens.

Well, if they are going to tear up a schedule, our 2023 edition (OSU, Michigan, MSU) was a good time to start. Unfortunately, meat grinder schedules are likely to become commonplace for the Gophers.

Well, if they are going to tear up a schedule, our 2023 edition (OSU, Michigan, MSU) was a good time to start. Unfortunately, meat grinder schedules are likely to become commonplace for the Gophers.
Keep beating that drum...

Watch the Pac12/BiG10 and ACC form a National Conference ahead of the SEC. Games east coast to west all Saturday.

Watch the Pac12/BiG10 and ACC form a National Conference ahead of the SEC. Games east coast to west all Saturday.

Especially if the SEC is crazy enough to actually try and have its own in-house post-season playoff.
(see other thread)

USC will be among Washington and a few others if it happens.
It isn’t happening

Would be more profitable for big ten schools to have the big ten network bid for second and third tier pac 12 rights than it would be to bring 2-4 programs in and cut the pie more ways

Even if they did that they’d still negotiate tv differently than each other. But I’m all in

If it becomes SEC vs Everyone Else ... then we're back to the old days of split national champions, before the Bowl Alliance and all that.

Seems kinda silly to throw all progress since then away.

Top Bottom