All American

DMHunt029

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the Dunk contest? Rodney would have won it in his sleep. Some of his dunks he has on youtube that were just in warmups probably would have won it. He should have been invited just to participate in the Dunk contest.

I've heard recruiting experts call Rodney the most athletic kid in this class: Not just in the Gophers class of four players, but of ALL the top kids in the class of 2009. That's pretty high praise, but I think it was Duke recruit Plumlee (it was either Miles or Mason, can't keep all those Plumlees straight) that said Rodney was the most athletic player he had EVER played against, which says something at that level.

He obviously needs to work on other facets of his game, but athletically, there's no questioning his abilities.

As long as he doesn't dunk during warm-ups during college...it's a technical if he does. (Happened in the WAC tournament this year.)

The Plumlee's are an interesting story. There mother played basketball at Purdue. I know there father also played but not sure where. But they grew up Boilermaker fans. Any way they grew in Warsaw IN. From what there is alot of politics and drama goes on in the Warsaw basketball program. When the oldest was about 9th grade I believe the head coach said to the family that didn't make them so happy, can't remember what for sure but I think it was along the lines of they Mason wouldn't be playing varsity until he was a junior. Depending on who you ask the the father tried to get the coach fired and was not able to achive that. Needless to say the family saw the hand writing on the wall and transfered there 3 boys to some academy in North Carolina.

Here is where Purdue comes in. When the oldest Miles was being recuited Painter looked at him but never offered. He had family ties, was a good enough player to play at Purdue all that stuff. The family felt slighted. Mason goes though the same recuiting process, I know he committed to Stanford, I believe quite early, then was let out of LOI when Trent Johnson went to LSU. But Purdue never offered Miles at the beginning but when he was released they offered but from what I've read he had his mind made up to go to Duke and play with is brother. Finally there is Marshall the youngest. He is a 9th or 10th grader I believe and also considered the best of the three. Painter has shown interest but I don't believe that he has offered yet, agian the family feels slighted, although he might. Any way here is the real kicker Painter is currently recuiting a PG from Warsaw and is friends with the head coach.

I guess this is a lesson in not burning bridges on both ends.

Agreed! There were a few pretty good dunks, but I was actually kind of bored watching that dunk contest. Rodney Williams would have tore those guys up. Oh well, we'll wait for the real thing!

Top Bottom