Alipate

paulser21

Reaction score
Coach Kill on Alipate...

They convinced him to move to TE, which he'll be experimenting with the move this spring. The strength and conditioning coaches are pleased with his effort at weight reduction. He's lost 30 pounds!

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...5883-Sports-Huddle-Summary-Jerry-Kill-1-29-12

Credit to Alipate for making the decision to move to TE. However I think he made the decision a little too late. This probably should have happened a year ago.

Even more credit to him for dropping 30 pounds. Congratulations Moses!

I like this move, he could be an effecitve TE with a year of seasoning. His dropping weight will also allow him to contirbute on special teams-if need be.

I've heard some people who have seen him play more in HS talk about him like they didn't think he was much of an athlete but the bit i've seen, he looks fairly athletic for his size. He was a good HS basketball player and I actually thought he was suprisingy nimble for a guy in his shape. I don't know how much he'll like blocking or putting in hand in the dirt, but it's worth a try.

6'5" 250 lbs is pretty good size for a TE.

Do you think Limegrover has the old TE pass in that playbook?

We could run the double TE reverse pass with either Alipate or Maxx Williams (played QB in HS) and they could pass it to our best receiver...Gray.

we needed to start another thread on this?

Do you think Limegrover has the old TE pass in that playbook?

Reverse - hand off to Alipate, who end-arounds left and hands off to Pirsig. You have the option for either Alipate or Pirsig to pass.

we needed to start another thread on this?

Where's the other one? It was mentioned casually in the Sports Huddle thread. I don't see the problem in starting a thread to flesh out a minor detail from that thread.

Reverse - hand off to Alipate, who end-arounds left and hands off to Pirsig. You have the option for either Alipate or Pirsig to pass.
mother-meme-th.jpg

Where's the other one? It was mentioned casually in the Sports Huddle thread. I don't see the problem in starting a thread to flesh out a minor detail from that thread.
I have no problem with this thread, but if we're using up this kind of topic now, what are we going to do in a couple of weeks, when it gets really boring?

I have no problem with this thread, but if we're using up this kind of topic now, what are we going to do in a couple of weeks, when it gets really boring?

My guesses are:
(1) Argue about 40 times
(2) Argue about the rowing team
(3) Argue about recruiting rankings
(4) Tune into Wren for MacturiGate 2012

I've heard some people who have seen him play more in HS talk about him like they didn't think he was much of an athlete but the bit i've seen, he looks fairly athletic for his size. He was a good HS basketball player and I actually thought he was suprisingy nimble for a guy in his shape. I don't know how much he'll like blocking or putting in hand in the dirt, but it's worth a try.

6'5" 250 lbs is pretty good size for a TE.

He would not have been that athletic for a QB compared to a lot of the "dual threat" QBs out there, but IMO he is certainly athletic enough for a TE. Yes, he was nimble for his size on the basketball court, which was at a few lbs less than he was at QB the last couple of years. Sounds like he's gotten back down to near that weight, so that is promising.

I forgot Pirsig has that golden arm, the Big 10's best kept secret.

Oh, there's plenty to discuss if we run out of things. It's like your kitchen, you don't really run out of food, you just run out of food you actually want to eat. Things we could discuss:

Bringing back the tie game.
Bringing back the drop kick.
Adopting the rules of Canadian football.

I think that we should have an actual 13-lined ground squirrel on the sidelines at the game. Granted, it's pretty small, so no one would be able to see it unless the camera focused on it.

Is the drop kick not allowed in college football? Didn't Flutie have one in the NFL like 8-9 years ago?

Bob_Loblaw said:
Is the drop kick not allowed in college football? Didn't Flutie have one in the NFL like 8-9 years ago?
The only one I remember was Tavaris Jackson. He fumbled it and kicked it. For him that's as good as a pass.

The drop kick is perfectly legal, it's just not very practical. Before the shape of the ball was changed to facilitate the forward pass, the ball bounced more predictably. Now, the ball bounced unpredictably, so a field goal is more practical. But the drop kick does intrigue people for some reason. I think the Arena League gives four points for a drop kick, that might make it worth trying.

Oh, there's plenty to discuss if we run out of things. It's like your kitchen, you don't really run out of food, you just run out of food you actually want to eat. Things we could discuss:

Adopting the rules of Canadian football.

It will certainly help when we do the right thing and hire Marc Trestman when Kill leaves.

Drew Brees tried it in the Pro Bowl yesterday, failed miserably but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't try it again in the near future.

Now, why was I watching the Pro Bowl, that is a good question.

It will certainly help when we do the right thing and hire Marc Trestman when Kill leaves.

His father once told me at a family get together, Marc has no interest in the job. Why the animosity towards Marc?

His father once told me at a family get together, Marc has no interest in the job. Why the animosity towards Marc?

I don't think it is so much animosity towards him as much it was that there were a few people strongly advocating from him, while he has largely coached in NFL and the CFL since the mid-80s, save a single season in 2005. It's not that people have a negative view of him as the person, it's just that many (or at least myself) don't feel he should warrant the somewhat serious consideration others, who were typically more vocal, do.

No animosity toward Marc Trestman, but I would be curious as to when his father claimed he had no interest in the head coaching job at Minnesota?

Marc was actually offered the head job in January, 2007, but then watched as Brewster was introduced as the head guy...:eek:

It was a 4.4 but I don't think it counts because it was a hand time. The good news is that we will be disusing this more after NSD. It is on the agenda.
Slower than 3.4? We don't want him!

Top Bottom