Alex Kirk talks about recent Arizona unofficial visit

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from Dave Telep:

Big man Alex Kirk is serious about his recruitment otherwise he wouldn't have driven 20 hours to see Arizona's campus.

Alex Kirk, a Top 100 center out of Los Alamos (N.M.) High isn’t afraid to get behind the wheel and knock out a long drive. Two weeks ago, Kirk banged out a lengthy road trip to Tucson.

There’s a school of thought, which exists that New Mexico is very strong but they have challengers. “I like them a lot but I also like Arizona,” Kirk said. “I took an unofficial two weekends ago. We drove 20 hours roundtrip to the campus and I really liked it.”

Kirk will visit New Mexico officially the weekend of Sept. 11. While he isn’t positive who else will gobble up his visits, Oregon State, Minnesota, Maryland, West Virginia, Arizona State and Texas have discussed the in-home, then official visit scenario. SMU has also been mentioned.

“I want to get my in-homes and then decide where I want to take the officials,” Kirk said. “If I need five I’ll take five but I want to get done before the high school season if that’s possible.”

Kirk, who experienced knee pain a good portion of the summer, turned to some alternative medicine to ease the pain. “I’ve been doing a lot of yoga since I got back,” Kirk said. “My core is so much stronger. It’s crazy, it’s tough too.

“The whole summer my knees hurt and so my dad wanted me to get stretched out. We went to physical therapy and the guy ended up being the yoga instructor and I just started going to that. It’s hard but it’s a good workout. It’s an hour and a half, two hours. It’s non-stop.”

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=894884

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom