Alec Brown

BuckyGopher

Reaction score
Did Tubby recruit him at all or was he a kid that went under the radar of everybody? I would imagine he did since he went to the lowly UW-GB, how good was he at winona? Nbadraft.net has him as a first round pick in the 2013 draft.

I remember Tubby going to watch him play a lot toward the end of his recruitment. I bet Tubby wanted him, but at that point we already had two centers committed for that class, so it was a little too late. If we hadn't recieved a commitment from either Eliason or Walker I bet he would be a Gopher.

Did Tubby recruit him at all or was he a kid that went under the radar of everybody? I would imagine he did since he went to the lowly UW-GB, how good was he at winona? Nbadraft.net has him as a first round pick in the 2013 draft.
He was good but he was not recruited much because he was rail thin. His senior year they went to state along with current WSU freshmen Mark Blacklock.

Was he too far away for The Grinch to go see? Are you accusing Tubby of "missing" on a guy that was offered by such heavyweights as Florida Gulf Coast, Oral Roberts and Bowling Green?

Go "Chadima" one of your buddies on your own board.

Was he too far away for The Grinch to go see? Are you accusing Tubby of "missing" on a guy that was offered by such heavyweights as Florida Gulf Coast, Oral Roberts and Bowling Green?

Hmmm...I am a fan of the gophers, actually watch more gopher sports than UW since I live in Roseville now. I have never seen Alec Brown play, just saw that he is on nbadraft.net first round. I youtubed him and saw a nice stroke for a big man and was wondering if the U had any attention in him. But to feed the troll, yeah, he would have been a good player for UW as well (swing offense) similar to a Berggren. He is rail skin though.

Hmmm...why do I have problem believing that statement after reading this comment following the most recent wisky game?

So you are saying that I cannot be a fan of both teams? I have to either choose one because the states are side by side? I am sorry I am not some immature peon that buys into that stupid *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. I like to watch basketball, I used to live in WI, now I live in MN..I can route for whoever/whenever I want. But I know you will put some nice twist on this post in an attempt to make me look bad on a forum, thumbsup champ!

So you are saying that I cannot be a fan of both teams? I have to either choose one because the states are side by side? I am sorry I am not some immature peon that buys into that stupid *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. I like to watch basketball, I used to live in WI, now I live in MN..I can route for whoever/whenever I want. But I know you will put some nice twist on this post in an attempt to make me look bad on a forum, thumbsup champ!

No...you're doing just fine...all by your lonesome.

:clap: creative, anyways changing gears away from the troll..any other good insight on Brown? Is he good enough to possibly play in the NBA?

So you make an ad hominem attach on me, and then accuse me of changing the landscape of the discussion?

When you combine that with the type of comments like you made (quoted below), don't be surprised when people don't take you seriously.

Haha what is sad is that you are probably in your 30's and comment like that on a sports forum.

Hmmm...I am a fan of the gophers, actually watch more gopher sports than UW since I live in Roseville now. I have never seen Alec Brown play, just saw that he is on nbadraft.net first round. I youtubed him and saw a nice stroke for a big man and was wondering if the U had any attention in him. But to feed the troll, yeah, he would have been a good player for UW as well (swing offense) similar to a Berggren. He is rail skin though.
WI doesn't run the swing offense anymore.

WI doesn't run the swing offense anymore.

Well, there ya go..I have not watched WI in a while (not even in this years NCAA tournament), like I previously stated, I watch more gopher sports than WI recently.

dribble for 32 seconds. Get bailed about by Jordan Taylor. There is your offense, and no it is not good coaching.

Tubby, Sal and staff watched him when he played at the barn during the state tournament. Others are right we already had centers on the radar and yes, he was a twig.

Alec Brown was a solid 7-footer, pretty mobile, decent stroke, a little more finesse than power. He Was maybe 2nd team all-state as a senior, which is about as good as it gets for a greater MN player. I would say he was a bit soft for the Big 10.

+1. this buckygopher guy is as transparent as glass. kid appears to be nothing more than a pseudo-troll just trying to rile people up and stir the pot. unfortunately, there are a lot of duds like that who troll gopherhole. tries to appear as though he has no horse in the race whatsoever. if that is true, he might as well just change his name to "fanofsportsingeneral". rather than calling himself buckygopher.

btw - notice which mascot he put first in his name? might mean nothing. or it might say a lot. just saying. ;-)

+1. this buckygopher guy is as transparent as glass. kid appears to be nothing more than a pseudo-troll just trying to rile people up and stir the pot. unfortunately, there are a lot of duds like that who troll gopherhole. tries to appear as though he has no horse in the race whatsoever. if that is true, he might as well just change his name to "fanofsportsingeneral". rather than calling himself buckygopher.

btw- notice which mascot he put first in his name? might mean nothing, but just saying. ;-)

1st of all not a kid and 2nd of all I did not know bringing up Alec Brown (who plays for UW-GB not UW) would make me a troll. I saw him on nbadraft and wondered if he ever had attention from U of M. But anyways, you will be seeing a lot of this "pseudo-troll-kid". Are you excited?

BuckyGopher said:
Why should I be banned? If anything, you should be banned..for having no basketball knowledge bra.

Do you post as GoldyBadger on the wisky sites?

Why should I be banned? If anything, you should be banned..for having no basketball knowledge bra.
At first I didn't think you were a troll and just someone confused as to what the word "fan" means. Now I realize you are a troll who is mad that people don't understand how you are fan of both MN and WI because you just like competitive basketball.

At first I didn't think you were a troll and just someone confused as to what the word "fan" means. Now I realize you are a troll who is mad that people don't understand how you are fan of both MN and WI because you just like competitive basketball.

Meh, it is just annoying when ppl think that I am automatically a UW fan and cannot be a UM and UW fan at the same time. Then the die hards on this forum talk crap to me, insult me, etc because they do not think I am a true fan due to my loyalties with WI. Whatever though, I will continue to post.

I wouldn't just ban this troll, I would ban his IP too.

Again, tell me why I should be banned? Give me a good reason, concrete, not just saying "ban this kid" blah blah..I have not broken any rules bra. And I know a lot of people who donate to this site...

Again, tell me why I should be banned? Give me a good reason, concrete, not just saying "ban this kid" blah blah..I have not broken any rules bra

Trolls always demand answers and to be proven wrong. I don't have to explain or prove anything to you bra.

1st of all not a kid and 2nd of all I did not know bringing up Alec Brown (who plays for UW-GB not UW) would make me a troll. I saw him on nbadraft and wondered if he ever had attention from U of M. But anyways, you will be seeing a lot of this "pseudo-troll-kid". Are you excited?

just basing it on an observation of the majority of your posts thus far. be honest, if an unbiased observer was viewing them, so far they would probably have a hard time saying unequivocally whether or not you really truly are a gopher fan. you seem to be all over the spectrum for someone who purports that his loyalties are with the U of M. those are often signs of someone whose primary intent is to simply "stir the pot". or what some people refer to as "trolling". just being honest with you BRAH.

btw - it is brah. not bra. bra would be something a female wears to keep her ta-ta's from bouncing all over the place. :p

Top Bottom