Alcohol in TCF?

its more like

common sense. The university needs to be able to sell suites and premium seating. Right, wrong, indifferent, people who can afford suites and premium seating want to entertain with alcohol.

I thought that they would wait longer to let the phony controversy die down before revisiting the issue. The years in the Metrodome made people think that alcohol in the general seating of college games is the norm, that's much of the problem.

Gee, I can't wait to see what UpNorthGopher's take will be

I do think a beer may taste pretty good about half-way thru the 3rd quarter of the Ohio State game.

Beer Drinking!

They should have legalized it at TCF last year. Those suites cost a lot of money. I would sure as hell want to entertain my clients with a couple of beers or more.

As for the above post, about 15 beers would taste pretty damn good AFTER the Ohio State game!:drink:

Go Gophers!!!:drink:

Don't care. I do my drinkin' before the game. Didn't buy many beers at the Dump, wouldn't buy any if they were available at TCF.

For those who need booze at the game, I have two words. Boots. Flask.

people need to remember this is not just about the football stadium & football fans..

it also impacts williams arena and mariucci arena. if you support any of the three major revenue sports on campus (football, basketball, hockey) then you should also be in support of repealing the stupid, short-sighted and anti u of m alcohol law that the minnesota state legislature passed at the 11th hour last year. the mn legislature is adversely impacting the u of m's ability to operate normally and to execute a budget. they stepped on the u of m's constitutional autonomy. they also tried to tell them to go against how the rest of the big ten schools operate their on-campus sports facilities, which is not going to happen. tell your state senator that you support the repeal of the very stupid anti u of m alcohol law that they passed last year.

I don't care if people buy beer / liquor. I just don't want Des Moines Buccaneer hockey atmosphere on campus. Honest to pete, I've never seen such a farce. They had one section of "family" seating. Even there, two guys puked all over the place. They probably used the boot and flask method mentioned in a previous post. The other sections were total chaos, with most of the spectators' time spent running back and forth to the beer stand. The game we saw went into OT and it took the entire intermission for these rock heads to figure out whether or not penalties that hadn't terminated during regulation would carry over to the extra period. Oh well, they brought boxes with them for carrying cups of beer, hardly ever dumped a cup in transit and seemed to enjoy themselves despite everybody's beer-soaked hair and clothing. Maybe it would be okay at TCF after all. Now if we could just figure a way to make fighting partially legitimate in football.

Beer at TCF.........

Come to think of it, I never bought any of that rot-gut, lukewarm crap they called beer at the Metro-Hump anyway. I recall the beer was only Old Style or something close to it, plus it cost $6.50 a glass?

Best bet is to drink before the game and smuggle a six-pack down your pants. Or somewhere.( ?)
Besides, did'nt they quit serving beer at Camp Randall all-together? Could be wrong, but Beckey's fan club sure has raised a lot of hell in that stadium.
Am I right?
Damn right!:drink::horse::rockon:

Besides, did'nt they quit serving beer at Camp Randall all-together? Could be wrong, but Beckey's fan club sure has raised a lot of hell in that stadium.
Am I right?
Damn right!:drink::horse::rockon:

At both the Kohl Center and Camp Randall, beer/alcohol is only served in the suites, luxury boxes, and indoor club seating, all of which require the big buck "donations." The boxes/club seating areas at Camp Randall are a pretty sterile atmosphere if you love outdoor college football - it would be better if you could open the windows to hear the crowd. Give me 15+ years or so and I MIGHT be there.

However, I must say it was very cozy for hockey in February. (Yes, I'm a wuss, but I was a warm wuss.)

Sunday Liquor Sales

Now if we could just get them to pass the law allowing liquor stores to be open on Sundays!

a few thoughts on a couple of punk azz mn politicians

my goodness is rep. tom rukavina a GIANT D-BAG of a man! i can't stand this guy (the tool who first introduced this horrible legislation last year) and his insatiable desire to try and hurt the U of M in this situation. his latest comments about this attempted repeal of stupid law are just maddening. all he is trying to do is score some rather cheap political pandering points in his failing 2010 gubernatorial bid. in fact, little timmy pawlenty is not much better than rukavina and has been an equal opportunity pandering slob through all of this.

so i say: get bent rep. tom rukavina! in fact both rukavina and pawlenty can "get bent".

this repeal better pass.

Top Bottom