Alabama OL Elijah Pritchett Arrested for Knowingly Transmitting STD

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per SI:

Alabama football player Elijah Pritchett was arrested on Wednesday night according to a report from the Tuscaloosa Thread.

Pritchett was arrested and charged with knowingly transmitting a sexually transmitted disease, which is a Class C misdemeanor crime.

The Tuscaloosa Municipal Court granted Alabama reserve tackle Elijah Pritchett youthful offender status on Thursday, following his Wednesday arrest.

Go Gophers!!

I have never heard of this being a crime, in any state? Granted I have never performed a search for this and do not have any plans to.

Pritchett isn't in the portal (well, the NCAA transfer portal); he decided it was in his best interest to stay with 'Bama. Interesting article below. This is Pritchett's second arrest this year (the other was for going 95 mph--he has a pretty nice sled). Didn't affect playing time; he was in the OL rotation all season and might play against Michigan. Article points out that the other current Alabama player arrested this year was for going 140 mph; that guy was a scholarship player and is still with the team. A walk-on at Alabama was also arrested for sodomy, but he was tossed from the team immediately. It's a different world at the elite helmet schools.

Pritchett isn't in the portal (well, the NCAA transfer portal); he decided it was in his best interest to stay with 'Bama. Interesting article below. This is Pritchett's second arrest this year (the other was for going 95 mph--he has a pretty nice sled). Didn't affect playing time; he was in the OL rotation all season and might play against Michigan. Article points out that the other current Alabama player arrested this year was for going 140 mph; that guy was a scholarship player and is still with the team. A walk-on at Alabama was also arrested for sodomy, but he was tossed from the team immediately. It's a different world at the elite helmet schools.
The most interesting thing about the article is, apparently sodomy is still a crime in redneck Alabama.

I have never heard of this being a crime, in any state? Granted I have never performed a search for this and do not have any plans to.
I saw it on an episode of Law and Order back in the day. And those were ripped from the headlines, so it must be a thing.

The most interesting thing about the article is, apparently sodomy is still a crime in redneck Alabama.
The cult of ‘Deliverance’ is in Alabama too.

Last edited:

Fun Facts: In Minnesota, sodomy remained a crime, at least on the books (Minn. Stat. 609.293, subs. 5–posted below) until this very year (2023) when the legislature, perhaps anticipating your sentiment, repealed the law. A Hennepin County Court in 2001 declared the Minnesota anti-sodomy statute unconstitutional in part—insofar as it applies to consensual, private, non-commercial acts of sodomy. The Minnesota Supreme Court never addressed the statue’s constitutionality after the 2001 lower court ruling. FYI: Minn. Stat. 609.284 still criminalizes bestiality, which in some states is considered an act of sodomy.
1703442357518.png

Last edited:

I also thought the US Supreme Court struck down a Texas Sodom law. It sent a message that private behavior between two consenting adults would be a dividing line with the high courts.

Wild guess that sodomy probably wouldn't be pressed unless it was intermingled with another code of conduct crime.

I don't know.

The conservative Roberts court legalized gay marriage, so people who complain about conservatives need to realize it's more nuanced. Just like South Carolina electing a black conservative. Explain that.

I saw it on an episode of Law and Order back in the day. And those were ripped from the headlines, so it must be a thing.

In Minnesota: "People living with HIV (PLHIV) or other communicable diseases must disclose the disease to their sexual partners. It is a criminal offense for any individual who knowingly “harbor an infectious agent” to “transfer” disease by engaging in sexual penetration with another person without first informing that person that they carry that infectious agent.1 “Neither the intent to transmit, nor actual transmission of disease are required for prosecution.2 Under the statute, a “communicable disease” is defined as “a disease or condition that causes serious illness, serious disability or death; the infectious agent of which may pass or be carried from the body of one person to the body of another through direct transmission,”3 which may include HIV and other STIs. “Direct transmission” is defined as “predominately sexual or blood-borne transmission.4"

The more you know . . .

EDITED to remove strikeout lines. Thx for the tip MplsGopher!

Last edited:

EDIT: Not sure why these lines appeared; can't figure out how to get rid of them.
You probably accidentally pressed Ctrl+S which turns on the strikethrough font. You can edit the post, highlight any text you want, and (repeatedly) press Ctrl+S to toggle it on and off.

Top Bottom