Al Nolen's Career

Roland Brooks

Reaction score
Gonna miss Al's tenacious D. Al had a solid career. Al also got the most out of his game.

Feel bad for Al this year getting hurt and not be able to play your senior year- thats tough. I am gald he bounced back from last year.

Al dove, scrapped and hustled. He WAS the MVP in preseason tourney. It looked like he had added some to his offensive game its to bad the injury did allow the fans to see it.

Al plays hard I like that.

Nolen had a great career; what saddens me is the "what could have been?" with his career (and our team this year for that matter). If he isn't academically ineligible last year, and doesn't suffer the freak foot injury this year, he likely goes down as the all-time leader in assists & steals as a Gopher.

As it stands, he had a strong career; it's just sad he won't be atop both of the all-time lists when he definitely deserves to be there. Hopefully we get to see him play one more time in Gopher uniform...

Nolen had a great career; what saddens me is the "what could have been?" with his career (and our team this year for that matter). If he isn't academically ineligible last year, and doesn't suffer the freak foot injury this year, he likely goes down as the all-time leader in assists & steals as a Gopher.

As it stands, he had a strong career; it's just sad he won't be atop both of the all-time lists when he definitely deserves to be there. Hopefully we get to see him play one more time in Gopher uniform...

One bad mark is getting ineligible last year. Lightning quick hands. Give him Blake's shot and you have a pretty awesome guard.

^ pretty awesome. haha. give him blake's shot and you have kemba walker/nolan smith. guy could easily get to the rim and score. For those who say he couldnt finish, remember we have TM so it still equals 2 points when nolen misses and TM gets the putback slam

He really stepped up his game this year. Go back and look at the Puerto Rico tournement. To bad he was injured, it really would have made a difference.

This team would have been SO much better with him this year, it's not even funny. It's too bad he essentially only played 3 seasons, missing the second half of last season due to academic ineligibility, and the second half of this season due to his foot injury. I really hope we get to see him play one more time.

Al was definitely having his best year and like cayman said he essentialy played only three seasons. He probably would have shattered the steals and assist records if he played four full seasons.

Top Bottom