Ahjany Lee Offered, Class of 2022

There are kids who transfer to other schools all the time and they are eligible to compete.
I'm saying: fix the broken MSHSL loopholes/rules.

There should be very few times where it is legitimate and reasonable to allow someone who played on a varsity roster at MSHSL school X to then play on the varisty roster of MSHSL school Y the very next season. Sit out a season, or don't switch teams.

My point is, as a Coach, who is Nick Carroll? What has he done so special that his reputation makes D1 kids want to transfer to TG to develop their skills? That narrative is asinine and completely false. You don’t have a point you’re just talking in circles.
The idea that TG is going to win a boy's championship this year, because of the coaching/development that Carroll is going to impart on the kids just this fall-winter, is just silly.

They compiled an all-star team, via Carroll's connections, and are going to use kids who are already highly skilled and developed, to win basketball games. Objective fact

I'm saying: fix the broken MSHSL loopholes/rules.

There should be very few times where it is legitimate and reasonable to allow someone who played on a varsity roster at MSHSL school X to then play on the varisty roster of MSHSL school Y the very next season. Sit out a season, or don't switch teams.
I just don’t see what’s the problem. There are kids who are at the end of the bench at schools like Cretin or Minnehaha who have negative experiences but have to sit out if they transfer because they were on a varsity roster? How is that beneficial for a kid? Especially if they are having a negative experience. People focus so much on the high profile transfers but don’t realize there are more under the radar transfers and that happens for plethora of reasons

I just don’t see what’s the problem. There are kids who are at the end of the bench at schools like Cretin or Minnehaha who have negative experiences but have to sit out if they transfer because they were on a varsity roster? How is that beneficial for a kid? Especially if they are having a negative experience. People focus so much on the high profile transfers but don’t realize there are more under the radar transfers and that happens for plethora of reasons
Is that actually true though?

I'm sure a reasonable compromise can be worked out. Maybe, one free (no sit out) transfer if you do it before the start of your junior year.

Is that actually true though?

I'm sure a reasonable compromise can be worked out. Maybe, one free (no sit out) transfer if you do it before the start of your junior year.
There are 800 students who are waiting for eligibility approval from the MSHSL for all sports (got info from a high school AD friend). They aren’t all Ahjany Lee situations or playing high profile sports. If there is a rule change bc of kids like Ahjany Lee then how does that benefit other students who are leaving for a variety of reasons including bullying, mental health, relocation, or parents going through a divorce

There are 800 students who are waiting for eligibility approval from the MSHSL for all sports (got info from a high school AD friend). They aren’t all Ahjany Lee situations or playing high profile sports. If there is a rule change bc of kids like Ahjany Lee then how does that benefit other students who are leaving for a variety of reasons including bullying, mental health, relocation, or parents going through a divorce
Fair enough.

Note that I didn't say shut down all transfers. I just want it to be much, much stricter, taken on a case-by-case basis (I'm sure it already is), and with a much harsher eye towards compiling all-star teams.

Relocation alone, even, isn't good enough for me, unless you can prove the entire family moved and by a long enough distance that just driving them back to the old school isn't reasonable. Can't be like going from Osseo to Maple Grove. Nope, that's a sit out for me. Shouldn't be allowed to just have the kid live at a teammate's home or just have an apartment by himself. That loophole needs to be all but closed, save for valid relocations.

Top Bottom