Michigan - play in 2024
North Carolina - play in 2024
Ohio state

New teams on 2024 schedule:
Rhode Island
Nevada
USC
UCLA

PJ is going to have a tough time ever knocking off traditional rivals OSU and Mich.

There was a stretch from the 1960s into the 1970s where Ohio State & Michigan finished 1-2 in the conference something like 9 times in 10 years. With the transfer & NIL rules now in place we are probably heading back towards that type of an era.

There was a stretch from the 1960s into the 1970s where Ohio State & Michigan finished 1-2 in the conference something like 9 times in 10 years. With the transfer & NIL rules now in place we are probably heading back towards that type of an era.
We have been in that era with Ohio state since 2003

Now Michigan has it going. Very annoying

Miller Moss will make it almost impossible against USC next year.. The guy can absolutely sling the football.

Watching USC tonight, I noticed they play extremely fast. Hard to believe that defense is that bad with that much speed. Agree on Moss. Looks like a better pure passer than Williams. He's not going to beat you with his legs, but great arm and great fundamentals.

I don't think so. I think the transfer rule helps level the playing field because kids can leave to become a starter somewhere else. They don't have to sit as 3rd string at OSU. We'll see.

I don't think so. I think the transfer rule helps level the playing field because kids can leave to become a starter somewhere else. They don't have to sit as 3rd string at OSU. We'll see.
I think that the market will figure it out. And it’ll probably stay pretty similar to what it was.

Saban retiring will have a larger impact on college football balance of power (in the top 10) than NIL

Watching USC tonight, I noticed they play extremely fast. Hard to believe that defense is that bad with that much speed. Agree on Moss. Looks like a better pure passer than Williams. He's not going to beat you with his legs, but great arm and great fundamentals.

USC is my 'other team' - they absolutely disappointed this year and gave up half way through the season. A lot of this was on Williams as he had literally nothing to prove and is already a millionaire and celebrity while still playing in college. The big issue they had were on defense and basic discipline. This was on full display in the Colorado game where they were basically blowing them out in the first half and then had to hang on for a nail-biter victory.

I remember that Fleck beat Buffalo and Middle Tennessee at TCF Bank Stadium in 2017.

That is definitely relevant to the 2024 season.

I didn't watch it past the 21-14 score late in the first half, but it looked to me like once Louisville decided to pound the ball they had some success. Up until that point, they had been relying on short outside passes that seemed to be playing right into USC's speed strengths. Utah, Washington and UCLA gashed USC on the ground in wins.

Miller Moss will make it almost impossible against USC next year.. The guy can absolutely sling the football.
Koi gonna pick that kid off 14 times, Jack Henderson is gonna appear in his nightmares for years after the game and Striggow + Joyner are gonna be his double daddy for life.

USC still wins by 3 scores

If I am not mistaken, Glen Mason ended up beating every BIG Ten opponent during his coaching stint. Pretty impressive really. PJ is going to have a tough time ever knocking off traditional rivals OSU and Mich.
Interesting in that Ross-Ade Stadium (Purdue) was the only B1G Stadium in which Mason did not coach the Gophers to victory (Brees had a lot to do with that)

Other than the game were Mo tore his Achilles I’m not sure Fleck has even tried to beat Michigan or Ohio State. This last year against the Buckeyes was pathetic.

Top Bottom