Adrian Lee commits to Cal

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
Would have been nice to reestablish the Skyline connection.

Our chances to land Nelson were low; now I assume they are even lower. It would have been nice to land Lee to improve our chances with Nelson as well as he probably would have been our best cb prospect in this class.

I'm not feeling too good about how this year's recruiting season is coming to an end. More negative news than positive. Hopefully Brewster can pull another rabbit out of the hat.

What I fail to understand, is why this board is expecting us to have some insane recruiting class when we produce ZERO results on the field? It makes Brewster's ability to recruit almost impossible. Most players families can see right through his BS and notice that we have pretty much sucked the last 3 years. I'm not dissapointed at all with this recruiting class. I'm actually glad it isn't any worse than it easily could have been. Actually, I think some of our recruits even have inflated rankings so yeah it looks better than it really is in reality.

When Brewster was pulling in good classes, they were over-rated with 4 star juco's that never amounted to anything (carpenter, vince hill, pittman, taikwon Page) and those who didn't even qualify in the first place. So to me, Brewster isn't as impressive as most of you make him out to be.

Brewster needs to start winning or we will continue to see a downward trend in recruiting. He has the ability to put a great class together, but you can't do it on hopes and dreams. You can't sell a team with more L's than W's while having an embarrassing offense. Simple.

I'm disappointed we didn't get him but to be sure we are pretty well set with our secondary for this class. I agree getting him might have helped with Nelson but who knows, maybe he was never going to come here or maybe he'll still come anyway.

As for this years class I like it. Brew's biggest class and it's mostly filled with players that won't be playing next year. Playing time is important to heavily recruited kids and we have some depth now whereas in other years we could tell them they'd have immediate playing time. This class especially the OL won't see the field for a couple of years (except maybe for Gjere and a certain other someone).

What I fail to understand, is why this board is expecting us to have some insane recruiting class when we produce ZERO results on the field? It makes Brewster's ability to recruit almost impossible. Most players families can see right through his BS and notice that we have pretty much sucked the last 3 years. I'm not dissapointed at all with this recruiting class. I'm actually glad it isn't any worse than it easily could have been. Actually, I think some of our recruits even have inflated rankings so yeah it looks better than it really is in reality.

When Brewster was pulling in good classes, they were over-rated with 4 star juco's that never amounted to anything (carpenter, vince hill, pittman, taikwon Page) and those who didn't even qualify in the first place. So to me, Brewster isn't as impressive as most of you make him out to be.

Brewster needs to start winning or we will continue to see a downward trend in recruiting. He has the ability to put a great class together, but you can't do it on hopes and dreams. You can't sell a team with more L's than W's while having an embarrassing offense. Simple.

Dumb

middle of the pack Big Ten = pretty much sucked? we hope to get better, but pretty much sucked is a stretch.

1. Most players families can see right through his BS and notice that we have pretty much sucked the last 3 years.
2. Brewster needs to start winning or we will continue to see a downward trend in recruiting. He has the ability to put a great class together, but you can't do it on hopes and dreams. You can't sell a team with more L's than W's while having an embarrassing offense. Simple.

First point: Way off. You have no idea what you are writing about here. You think other coaches aren't full of BS? A coach is a salesman first. Salesmen are full of BS-it goes without saying. You "pump-up" the program-playing time-fan support-etc.. None can be guaranteed. Why do some players love Kiffin? Kiffin is completely full of BS yet he can recruit well.

Second point: Yes, but you contradict yourself big time. I deleted the part where you wrote that it is near impossible to recruit well, yet he still has the ability to put a great class together. Which is it?

First point: Way off. You have no idea what you are writing about here. You think other coaches aren't full of BS? A coach is a salesman first. Salesmen are full of BS-it goes without saying. You "pump-up" the program-playing time-fan support-etc.. None can be guaranteed. Why do some players love Kiffin? Kiffin is completely full of BS yet he can recruit well.

Second point: Yes, but you contradict yourself big time. I deleted the part where you wrote that it is near impossible to recruit well, yet he still has the ability to put a great class together. Which is it?

second point not way off. You just have to realize what I was implying which takes some form of intelligence. He can recruit good if HE STARTS WINNING which was what my whole point was about. Haven't started winning yet have we.

What does he have to sell now? We have no tradition which a lot of prized recruits are looking for. Early playing time? The entire freshman class this year red-shirted and depth is now an issue. And be honest with yourself, In order to get good players from the south to come to Minnesota, you need to be on a whole new playing field in the BS department. Have you listend to his post game conferences? IF that isn't a load of crap I don't think I will ever know what is. That's called BS'ing big time.

Lane Kiffin just destroys your argument actually. When traditional powerhouse programs like Tennessee and USC want your services, that speaks for itself.

And to the person who said I was dumb - :eek: good job

Jackie you are a tool. You evidentially have no idea how you build a big time program. You don't play fr. and expect to win against 3rd and 4th yr players. Brewster is doing it right, but most of the kids he is bringing in have not seen much of the field yet. Next yr. some will and 2011 it will be his program. If he doesn't win by then your arguement will be correct, but not now.

second point not way off. You just have to realize what I was implying which takes some form of intelligence. He can recruit good if HE STARTS WINNING which was what my whole point was about. Haven't started winning yet have we.

What does he have to sell now? We have no tradition which a lot of prized recruits are looking for. Early playing time? The entire freshman class this year red-shirted and depth is now an issue. And be honest with yourself, In order to get good players from the south to come to Minnesota, you need to be on a whole new playing field in the BS department. Have you listend to his post game conferences? IF that isn't a load of crap I don't think I will ever know what is. That's called BS'ing big time.

Lane Kiffin just destroys your argument actually. When traditional powerhouse programs like Tennessee and USC want your services, that speaks for itself.

And to the person who said I was dumb - :eek: good job

How can he still have a chance at a great recruiting class if he is so full of bs and we suck on the field...according to your logic? You still make no sense-sorry. You are trying too hard to convince people that Brewster isn't the answer when all you really are doing is convincing us that you don't like Brewster.

So...How come Tenn. has struggled lately if they can just show interest and all players will come? What is up with Michigan? They are a powerhouse program-why aren't they getting everyone they want? You are painting with a very broad brush JackiO.

How can he still have a chance at a great recruiting class if he is so full of bs and we suck on the field...according to your logic? You still make no sense-sorry. You are trying too hard to convince people that Brewster isn't the answer when all you really are doing is convincing us that you don't like Brewster.

So...How come Tenn. has struggled lately if they can just show interest and all players will come? What is up with Michigan? They are a powerhouse program-why aren't they getting everyone they want? You are painting with a very broad brush JackiO.

??

Obviously you cannot interpret statements or comprehend what I have said not once, but twice now. In order to recruit well, you need to have results on the field. We do not have that, therefor his BS does not work like it used to before when no one knew what to expect from him. "We are going to the rose bowl in three years" or whatever he said. WTF??

I was going to post a long response but I could care less. I am not biased towards any other coach in the country who I would like to have here, nor am I biased towards Brewster. I would love to see him win. But he is the king of B.S certainly in the Big Ten if not in the whole country. He isn't really a coach to be honest with you. If we had a real coach, who knew what he was doing, we wouldn't even be arguing right now.

Brewster is more of a propaganda machine, really. Gained interest in the program, tried getting the people more into it etc etc. He did all that, than attained poor, poor results which sent the interest right back down to the cellar again because he doesn't know what he is doing.

It was his first year and his best talent is still very young and learning a new system. You can't judge Fisch's offense yet

It was his first year and his best talent is still very young and learning a new system. You can't judge Fisch's offense yet

Nor will I ever because he will not be back next year.

This is 100% true. Those who do not believe it are deluding themselves.

??I was going to post a long response but I could care less. I would love to see him win. But he is the king of B.S certainly in the Big Ten if not in the whole country.

It's "couldn't care" less, and you are still all over the place.

What about the whole universe?

Reading JackiO is the same as reading Wren on the startribune. Their posts make absolutely no sense. It is just a bunch of nonsense and incoherent thoughts.

Reading JackiO is the same as reading Wren on the startribune. Their posts make absolutely no sense. It is just a bunch of nonsense and incoherent thoughts.

Start posting some facts to back up your stupid a.ss argument than.

It's "couldn't care" less, and you are still all over the place.

What about the whole universe?

I'm so angry that you called me out for a spelling error. Ouch.

Is that really all you have to debate with me? My point is sound which is why you have nothing to offer in rebuttal.

My point is sound which is why you have nothing to offer in rebuttal.

Yep, you are right. You win.

I almost hit reply, but I couldn't. Keep trying is all I can say.

Thank-you! I don't know if anybody remembers this, but Brad Childress during his first season as coach said "This is a kick-ass offense."

We all laughed because he had no playmakers, bad QB's, and a new system. Fast forward 3 seasons and the Vikes added the right talent for the system and existing players have learned.

Give the Gopher coaches a chance. They're smart and just need time and the right players to make it work........it's amazing what time and athletes can do for an offense!

Top Bottom