Adding insult to injury, took me 65 minutes to get out of parking garage last night

I am always amazed at how few fans tailgate after the games. People who will get up at 5:00am to be one of the first in the lot when it opens or will tailgate for five hours before the game all seem to want to leave as soon as the game is over. My group typically hangs out for an hour or so after the games, has some food, rehashes the game, watches other games, etc. We can see the traffic flow (or lack thereof) and would rather spend that time together in the lot than alone in our cars inching along. I know that won't work for everyone and doesn't help too much in the ramps, but if 20-30% of the pregame tailgaters did what we do the traffic flow would even out somewhat.

I did want to mention that the last 2 games, entry has gone very fast for me. Vs Nevada there was a person with a megaphone directing people to use the gate on the north side of the stadium. Walked right in.

Then vs Iowa I knew to use that gate, but ended up finding out they had even opened an extra gate on the north side. Walked right in.

So just go to the north side if the other lines are long.

Bathroom lines were ridiculous though for the Iowa game, even in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Like the old guys at Orchestra Hall bolting for the aisles after the last downbeat and pulling their wives along to get to the parking ramp.
I've been that guy many times. That's a terrible parking ramp to get out of

I did want to mention that the last 2 games, entry has gone very fast for me. Vs Nevada there was a person with a megaphone directing people to use the gate on the north side of the stadium. Walked right in.

Then vs Iowa I knew to use that gate, but ended up finding out they had even opened an extra gate on the north side. Walked right in.

So just go to the north side if the other lines are long.

Bathroom lines were ridiculous though for the Iowa game, even in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Well sure, their fans are taking up all the stalls cheating on their spouses. Creates a backlog of available space.

Go Gophers!!

I am always amazed at how few fans tailgate after the games. People who will get up at 5:00am to be one of the first in the lot when it opens or will tailgate for five hours before the game all seem to want to leave as soon as the game is over. My group typically hangs out for an hour or so after the games, has some food, rehashes the game, watches other games, etc. We can see the traffic flow (or lack thereof) and would rather spend that time together in the lot than alone in our cars inching along. I know that won't work for everyone and doesn't help too much in the ramps, but if 20-30% of the pregame tailgaters did what we do the traffic flow would even out somewhat.
Fair point in general about a post game tail gate, but this past Saturday after a 2nd half beat down to a hated rival, well after dark, blustery winds, chilly temps, after being there for 6+ hours does not sound like a good recipe to extend the socializing.

If Floyd was still in the Gophers possession, then sure...Party on Garth.

Top Bottom