Adam's Song

Cayman

Reaction score
Adam's Song is a song off of blink-182's 1999 album, Enema of the State. The actual song is about suicide, but I don't think it's based on a true story, though some say it is. So, seeing as it's called Adam's Song, I decided to replace the supposedly fictional Adam, with everyone's favorite Adam: Adam Weber. If any of you were friends with me on facebook, you would know that I like writing humorous raps and changing the lyrics to songs, and so I present to you, Adam's Song.

I never thought one and three
Would begin the final year for me.
All we do is run the ball,
God only knows if we'll pass again at all.
There's no time left; we hurry up,
I throw some passes, but it's not enough.
The season's bleak, but I'll go on.
You'll be sorry when I'm gone.

I never conquered, rarely came.
'08 just held such better days.
Days when we played in full stride.
We couldn't wait to get outside,
The sun was bright, no booze in sight.
We're at our best at TCF at night.
I couldn't wait till I got home,
Because we play no longer in the Dome.

I used to think that I'd go pro;
Another six months I'll be unknown.
If the team loses 10,
You can bet I'll never play again.
I'll end this year and graduate,
Then the job can go to MarQueis Gray.
I can't believe they have the gall
To say that every loss is all my fault.

Tomorrow holds such better days.
Days when I can wear gold with pride,
When I can't wait to get outside,
The sun is bright, morale is high.
Seven titles bring tears to my eyes.
Now I can't wait till I get home.
The curse is lifted; thirteen and oh.

Slow-Clap.gif

Enema of the State?

Not the greatest movie of all-time, but the cast was ridiculous. Great cast.

Will Smith
Gene Hackman
Jon Voight
Jason Lee
Barry Pepper
Regina King
Scott Caan
Jake Busey
Gabriel Byrne
Jack Black
Jamie Kennedy
Seth Green
Phillip Baker Hall
Jason Robards

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone noteworthy. Every time I watch that movie, at least once I say out loud, "I never knew ____ was in this movie!"

One of my favorite songs from the 00's. Well done on the lyrics.
thumbsup.gif

You forgot Tom Sizemore, who was the main mafia bad guy in the movie, but went uncredited (for some reason) in the movie. Last time I watched, I had to check it out, because I thought it was him. And you're right, josh, about Enemy of the State, great cast. I'll match you with The Outsiders over on the Off-Topic Board.

I'd like to see you put it to music, much like some jerk off named Kid Bronc did with this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZufxP1ko4GU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZufxP1ko4GU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Warning, this is embarrassing just to listen to.

I was just thinking, the original poster stated that he's known for this by his Facebook friends. Perhaps Cayman is Kid Bronc??? Maybe he's feeling a bit bashful and/or isn't finished with his Adam's Song video yet.

You completely stole the thread now. That's the stupidest video I've seen all day and I've watched some stupid crap today.

I was just thinking, the original poster stated that he's known for this by his Facebook friends. Perhaps Cayman is Kid Bronc??? Maybe he's feeling a bit bashful and/or isn't finished with his Adam's Song video yet.

I can assure I am most definitely not a Boise State fan. Also, I usually try not to let my lyrics get too out of hand just for the sake of rhyming. For example "fight to the fight to BSU." That really doesn't mean anything. He could have said "Boise State is gonna rock you" instead, makes much more sense than the one that was in there. Or he could say "This is Boise State, now listen up foo'." "Fight to the fight to BSU" is stretching it, especially considering those other two lines took me approximately 15 seconds to come up with.

This is actually the first one I've written about sports. I wrote a rap about wikipedia, I wrote one about a fire drill my school had, I wrote a parody of "Like a G6". But I don't perform them or even put beats to them and post them on youtube, I just write them. And seeing as some of them are based off of things that happen at school, they just wouldn't make any sense to people that weren't there. Actually I might post this one to my facebook, but I doubt many people will read it or get it.

Adam's Song is a song off of blink-182's 1999 album, Enema of the State. The actual song is about suicide, but I don't think it's based on a true story, though some say it is. So, seeing as it's called Adam's Song, I decided to replace the supposedly fictional Adam, with everyone's favorite Adam: Adam Weber. If any of you were friends with me on facebook, you would know that I like writing humorous raps and changing the lyrics to songs, and so I present to you, Adam's Song.

I never thought one and three
Would begin the final year for me.
All we do is run the ball,
God only knows if we'll pass again at all.
There's no time left; we hurry up,
I throw some passes, but it's not enough.
The season's bleak, but I'll go on.
You'll be sorry when I'm gone.

I used to think that I'd go pro;
Another six months I'll be unknown.
If the team loses 10,
You can bet I'll never play again.
I'll end this year and graduate,
Then the job can go to MarQueis Gray.
I can't believe they have the gall
To say that every loss is all my fault.

Tomorrow holds such better days.
Days when I can wear gold with pride,
When I can't wait to get outside,
The sun is bright, morale is high.
Seven titles bring tears to my eyes.
Now I can't wait till I get home.
The curse is lifted; thirteen and oh.

OMG.

Epic. Loved the song, brings back many great memories..

Now we just need to find someone with some talent to put these lyrics to some music.

Great job, my d00d. Great job.

Question.. Would you mind if I posted this to my Facebook? I would give you 100% credit. This is worth sharing.

+1 Poor Adam Weber. After a bad year last year, he went out and clearly improved during the offseason. MV pointed out in his podcast that Weber is completing well over 60% of his passes, many of them 3rd and long, and his TD to INT ratio is 7-3. Statistically his best season ever. Unfortunately, the D is so bad and the play calling so uninspired that his efforts are totally unrecognized by large swaths of those who attend games and vilify him.

Usually these parodies are just terrible but yours was actually pretty well done.
Great job!!!

OMG.

Epic. Loved the song, brings back many great memories..

Now we just need to find someone with some talent to put these lyrics to some music.

Great job, my d00d. Great job.

Question.. Would you mind if I posted this to my Facebook? I would give you 100% credit. This is worth sharing.

Go ahead and tell everyone, I don't mind. And yeah, I love that song. So yeah, feel free to go ahead and post it! And thank you for the compliments.

Top Bottom