Adam Weber is Probably a Nice Guy, but...

Honyocker

Gophers-In Good or Bad Times
Reaction score
Adam Weber is not a leader or a D1 quarterback. This is not a flame. This is a realization that I have come to later than most on this board. I am sure his teammates like Adam and his intentions are good in terms of fulfilling his role as Gopher QB. But he is like a lot of nice Minnesota kids, not a leader. Watch the way great QBs act around the team, their attitude and their leadership interaction. That is not Adam Weber. He has had three years to fix his insufferable inconsistencies. He has not done it. Yes, coordinators have changed, but basic footwork and mechanics are things he has not mastered. When Adam was quoted as not picking up a football all summer.....well, that told me all I needed to know about him. I just did not realize it until now. Time to move on at QB, Coach Brewster, or you will move on next year.

It is so frustrating watching him play, he's obviously a good guy and he does have a great arm but his lack of accuracy is maddening, he tends to hold onto the ball way too long and he too often locks onto one receiver, not a great combination for a Big Ten QB.

He was as badly misscast as a QB as Tom Hanks was as Professor Langdon in the Da Vinci Code Movies...Shoulda been a TE or an H-Back....I've been saying this for 3 years now...will he ever find his way to his natural position?

Weber might be a DI athlete, but he is a DII QB.
He cant handle the speed of DI football.

I chalk it up to simply too many changes swirling about him. I agree that this level of play is inadequate to the task at hand. I feel awful for him, he just seems confused out there too often. It's been sad to watch the regression each year since he arrived. Coaching has to play a major role in this. Adam Weber is a tribute to the state, the U, and Golden Gopher football. I'll always admire him for his guts and for the big plays he's made. But this situation must be changed if we are to take the next step.

I am not sure I understand all the criticism of Adam Weber. He was under a totally different offence with inexperienced receivers (who were under a totally new offence). He had no running attack to take the pressure off him and a terrible offensive line. I was frustrated with some of the passes, but do we know if they were all his fault? He also made some great passes that no one on this board seems to give him credit for. He must have done something right to have 261 yards passing last night with 1 interception (that was not his fault).

I am not sure I understand all the criticism of Adam Weber. He was under a totally different offence with inexperienced receivers (who were under a totally new offence). He had no running attack to take the pressure off him and a terrible offensive line. I was frustrated with some of the passes, but do we know if they were all his fault? He also made some great passes that no one on this board seems to give him credit for. He must have done something right to have 261 yards passing last night with 1 interception (that was not his fault).

+1

I have tried to give Adam the benefit of the doubt all yr., but I hate to be too hard on the kid, but the o-line gave him pretty good protection and the run game was better. Wills started to look like the player he can be,and so did some of the others. The Defense was solid most of the time. HOWEVER, we should have scored 40 pts. easily!!!!!!! The 1st pass to McKnight was undertrhown or a TD. The Pass to Gray was terrible or a TD, the pass to McKnight on the goaline was high or TD, the pass to wideopen Kusnia was in the dirt or TD, the 2nd pass to stodamier was in the dirt or TD, and the pass that Stodamier that was intercepted had nothing to do with him falling down, the ball was high and 4 yds. behind him. The TEAM made a good step forward, but Weber nixed it. I feel for Adam, but he cannot lead this team anylonger.

I'm a badger fan but the game i was watching i sure thought it was Gray who fumble away the game.

Why blame Weber for Gray's not hanging on to the ball in the last 2 min's.

That was big, but if we had scored on the 4-5 other boo-boos by Weber, it would not have come to that. In the end it did, and Gray has to learn, but it never should haave come down to that.

We also missed a FG, at a distance we haven't missed at all year.

What still sticks out in my mind is how anemic this offense is, yet it's actually a little better than last year if you compare Big Ten stats. Maybe it's just not that good. In which case we've got a long wait before we're talented enough to compete on that side of the ball.

Well, we do have a lot of personnel needs on the offensive side, at least IMO. One is a reliable QB. We also need more beef at RB. If that's more muscle on Eskridge / Whaley or a different RB, fine. The OL needs run blockers. Systems are systems, they all need athletes.

Top Bottom