Adam Rittenberg: Introducing Nebraska to Big Ten traditions

It's too bad we couldn't get something going with the scoreboard to cue people up.

Something like the really old chant that went "Rah-Rah-Rah-Rah-Min-Ne-So-Ta" I remember reading how it would start slow and then speed up like a locomotive. Probably wouldn't work today because nobody in our stadium has a sense of rhythm.

And I agree on the Ski U Mah flags, they F'ed that one up by going too slow, not telling anyone, and giving up on it too easy. Also, +1 million to replacing "Go Big Gold" with SKI U MAH!

Ski-U-Mah? How stupid is that. I thought the only Minnesota tradition was freezing your a$$ off!

Ski-U-Mah? How stupid is that. I thought the only Minnesota tradition was freezing your a$$ off!

Stupid? Like your 'all-American' WR? Probably not.

The other Minnesota tradition is keeping a winning record over the Hogeyes.

About as stupid as the Hawkeyes sweeping steroid use under the rug. How's that 90 day "investigation" going down there? I'd bet my bank account those players weren't even tested for performance enhancing drugs.

At least we now know how the hawkeyes were able to gain success the past decade by turning unheralded recruits into all-conference performers.....

Let me rephrase my response - even if Iowa used the phrase "Ski-U-Mah" I would think it was stupid. And as far as stupid goes, yes DJK's drug-related incident was stupid, but did you hear me defending that? I'm sure no MN Gophers have ever taken drugs - yeah riiiight.

Let me rephrase my response - even if Iowa used the phrase "Ski-U-Mah" I would think it was stupid. And as far as stupid goes, yes DJK's drug-related incident was stupid, but did you hear me defending that? I'm sure no MN Gophers have ever taken drugs - yeah riiiight.
To each their own. I think that traditions that stand the test of time are pretty cool. I'll take something that's been around for over a century and is totally unique over a cheesy butt-rock song anyday. Ski U Mah belongs to the U. Back in Black belongs to AC/DC.

To each their own. I think that traditions that stand the test of time are pretty cool. I'll take something that's been around for over a century and is totally unique over a cheesy butt-rock song anyday. Ski U Mah belongs to the U. Back in Black belongs to AC/DC.

This.

Im sorry but Ski U Mah is really dumb and no one under the age of 40 would wanna do this. I hope we dont start chanting that.

Im sorry but Ski U Mah is really dumb and no one under the age of 40 would wanna do this. I hope we dont start chanting that.

Interesting that lots of students are walking around campus with T-shirts that read "Ski-U-Mah".

I suppose you should go let Auburn know that "War Eagle" is dumb, or Bama that "Roll Tide" is dumb, or Michigan that "Go Blue" is dumb, or Arkansas that their pig call is dumb, I think you get my drift.

Top Bottom