According to multiple reports; Marcus Carr is expected to withdraw his name from the NBA and return to school next season.

Not to mention the kids aren’t really younger behind Carr if he did stay lol. The entire team is pretty much grad transfers minus two dudes.

Right. A good portion of the team are rental players meant to bridge the gap to Johnson's first real recruiting class. Carr wouldn't be stealing from the development of most of those guys. If anything....he provides some high major experience that could possibly rub off on the new guys.

And they were top 15 ranked (if I remember right) when healthy. Battle, Loewe, Willis and Thaim are all upgrades in the 3 point shooting department over last years squad. Personally I think they need one more forward and a true center before we can talk about them surprising some people
Lowe shot under 30% from 3 last year. Battle was at 36%, and Willis was at 40%. All of those stats were against competition that is below Big 10 level. Will be interesting to see what they can do against this schedule.

Last year's team had 2 good starters and one decent role-playing starter. The rest were below average or worse.
Agree. Maybe two good role players depending on how you feel about gabe

Agreed. Who would seriously turn down Carr if he wanted to come back. Help bridge the gap between years.
If he isn’t going to change his approach on offense, defense, and being a good teammate, then I wouldn’t want him back honestly. He’s not going to win us a ton more games if he comes back and does the same things. The last two years are sample sizes of that whether there were injuries or not.

If he isn’t going to change his approach on offense, defense, and being a good teammate, then I wouldn’t want him back honestly. He’s not going to win us a ton more games if he comes back and does the same things. The last two years are sample sizes of that whether there were injuries or not.
change his approach or the one Pitino asked of him?

And a terrible coaching staff.
Yeah. Who was the 5th best player on the team last year though? Now, that’s the coaching staff’s fault too. But in a different way. Hard to be consistent when you have zero depth.

Badger is the fraud. You are equally as bad if you can’t call him out for his lies and dishonesty.
Agree. It is quite obvious that everything that Badger does is to attempt to undermine the Gopher program. I'm surprised that he hasn't been banned as his posts clearly are never in a positive fashion despite where some good things clearly happened

He has no interest in playing here so it dont really matter. Last years team chemistry was awful on and off the court and he was a big reason why, its time to move on.
You cant say, "hey, we are going to wait a year on that whole culture thing since we now have a remote shot at making the last four."

He has no interest in playing here so it dont really matter. Last years team chemistry was awful on and off the court and he was a big reason why, its time to move on.

I know there was zero chance for Carr to come back, but I just think it's funny how many posters didn't want him back or thought they'd be a better team without him.

Clearly 4 of the best coaches in the country disagree.

I know there was zero chance for Carr to come back, but I just think it's funny how many posters didn't want him back or thought they'd be a better team without him.

Carr clearly has talent and every great coach thinks they can mold talent and make it fit into their system. Pitino isn't a great coach, so they may be right.

Look, I would take Carr back - IF Carr was willing to adjust his game to what the new coach wants.

If bringing Carr back means more "hero ball" - dribbling the shot clock down to 5 sec and launching a step-back "3" with a hand in his face - then I'm sorry, but thanks for your contribution to the U of MN and best of luck at your next destination.

There were times last year I almost lost my voice from yelling at the TV when Carr would go into his "1-on-5" routine.

I'm as big of a Carr critic as there is on this board and the notion we wouldn't want him back is silly. It might make some sense if we had some blue chip prospect that Marcus Carr might be blocking.

I'm as big of a Carr critic as there is on this board and the notion we wouldn't want him back is silly. It might make some sense if we had some blue chip prospect that Marcus Carr might be blocking.
These are the same talent evaluation experts who said Mashburn leaving was no big loss. 🙄

Look, I would take Carr back - IF Carr was willing to adjust his game to what the new coach wants.

If bringing Carr back means more "hero ball" - dribbling the shot clock down to 5 sec and launching a step-back "3" with a hand in his face - then I'm sorry, but thanks for your contribution to the U of MN and best of luck at your next destination.

There were times last year I almost lost my voice from yelling at the TV when Carr would go into his "1-on-5" routine.
I'll take 5 Carr's, you take 5 Hunt Conroys. Hopefully you like losing. Clearly he's not coming back buy its comical that people think that's a positive. You can say some are overly critical on Johnson, but the people on here defending things like "we are better without Carr because Johnson didn't want him!" Has to be some of the dumbest rhetoric I've ever heard

I'll take 5 Carr's, you take 5 Hunt Conroys. Hopefully you like losing. Clearly he's not coming back buy its comical that people think that's a positive. You can say some are overly critical on Johnson, but the people on here defending things like "we are better without Carr because Johnson didn't want him!" Has to be some of the dumbest rhetoric I've ever heard
No one is saying they want 5 Conroys instead. Taking Peyton Willis and Luke Lowe instead is different. Sometimes when you are building a program and culture, you let ones go who were apart of a toxic one from the year before.
I’m sure if Carr went to Johnson and said I want or have interest in being in MN, Ben would explain what the expectations were. It’s on Carr a bit to want to be here and follow those.

Top Bottom