About 1,000 tickets remain for Michigan State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this note from David Shama:

Jason LaFrenz, Gophers’ assistant athletics director for marketing and ticketing sales, reported via e-mail on Saturday that he's expecting more than 10,000 Minnesota fans at the Insight Bowl. He also reported that about 1,000 tickets remain for Wednesday’s Minnesota-Michigan State basketball game at Williams Arena.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Wow...over 1,000?! That is waay too many. I thought we'd be darn near a sell-out for such a huge game...

Williams not the same

Wow...over 1,000?! That is waay too many. I thought we'd be darn near a sell-out for such a huge game...

It's been discussed here before, but a trip to Williams just isn't the same as it used to be. The energy in the building is ok, not great, the commercials every timeout, the weird start times (who wants to go to a game on a Sunday morning?), unimpressive non-conference opponents, etc. etc. I'm still probably going to keep my tickets next year, but the U and the BTN are making it a tougher decision than it should be.

For this particular game, a start during the middle of the workday can't help.

1000 seats behind a pole.

My boss tried to get tickets, and he said it was basically sold out and opted for another game. This was a week ago.

He said Ohio State was the same way.

I am not sure I trust those numbers.

It's been discussed here before, but a trip to Williams just isn't the same as it used to be. The energy in the building is ok, not great, the commercials every timeout, the weird start times (who wants to go to a game on a Sunday morning?), unimpressive non-conference opponents, etc. etc. I'm still probably going to keep my tickets next year, but the U and the BTN are making it a tougher decision than it should be.

For this particular game, a start during the middle of the workday can't help.

Skoal, I am feeling exactly the same way.

I may need to invest in a 60" Pioneer Plasma and a college BB package in the near future.....

When do we have a Sunday morning game? I've never heard of such a thing?

You are correct--for some reason I was thinking the PSU game was early, it's not until 2:30. If BTN starts getting good ratings for the 11am road games (at Indiana on January 25), an 11 am Sunday game will not be far behind.

Just checked and they are all obstructed view. I'm taking a vac. day and buying tickets outside of williams that aren't behind a pole.

Sat Games

It is amazing we only have one home Big Ten Saturday game scheduled (OH State) - and that one is at 11 am. There may be one more against Michigan at the end of the year (either 3/7 or 3/8). In the 80's and 90's, I experienced no better buzz than a Saturday afternoon Big Ten game.

Thread translation: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just checked ticket availability on gophersports.com, best I could get was 29 rows up in the corner, section 119, obstructed view. I wonder what scalper prices will be like.

How many obstructed view seats are at the Barn? (I just tried, but couldn't find the answer online)

I think around 1,500. Of course, some of the best seats in the building are "obstructed"

That's over 10% of the seats are obstructed, which is more than I thought. That must include seats that can see the floor, but not the scoreboard. What makes an obstructed seat one of the best?

If you can't see the scoreboard or the entire court, they're obstructed. I wouldn't be surprised if wear I usually sit is obstructed because the basket support blocks about a two foot wide slice of the court, but no one in their right mind would refuse to sit there because they can't see. I sat in the upper deck one a few years ago in some "obstructed" seats, but the only obstruction was having to turn my head a bit to see the court.

Someone in the ticket office really needs to draw up a map of sorts showing which seats are actually obstructed and which aren't.

If you can't see everything, it's obstructed. Scoreboard, corner of the floor, anything. That's what makes the number so high.

Just to backup an earlier post I made in this thread about Sunday morning tip-offs; today's Iowa-MI game started at 11:30 Eastern, 10:30 Central. BTN will do anything for a better ratings number. Remember the good old days when we could enjoy a Saturday afternoon at the Barn and then spend Sunday afternoon watching football?

Top Bottom