Abi N-Okonji has Entered the Transfer Portal

That’s too bad, always have high hope for these guys when they sign the NLI. Good luck.

Best of luck to him. I hope he finds a great place to go.

He was a DL, right? I'm sure with the influx of DL in the last two classes and him being two years in here, he is seeing the writing on the wall as far as playing time. Guessing that Anderson and Harris (the St Louis kids) must have made a move past him during their redshirt years this season.

He was a DL, right? I'm sure with the influx of DL in the last two classes and him being two years in here, he is seeing the writing on the wall as far as playing time. Guessing that Anderson and Harris (the St Louis kids) must have made a move past him during their redshirt years this season.
He was also hurt his Freshman season, and has never cracked the 2 deep. Looks like he was boxed out by all the incoming talent.

Wonder if his high school teammate, Terell Smith, will join him. I think he lost some playing time at CB this season (after starting as a true freshman.)

I thought he was going to have a breakout season too. I know he was hurt some so that didn't help. But seems he was also just passed over on the depth chart.

Wonder if his high school teammate, Terell Smith, will join him. I think he lost some playing time at CB this season (after starting as a true freshman.)

Doubt it.

With Williamson graduating and potentially one of the CB's like Durr moving to nickel, Terrell will likely get plenty of run next year.

Would be a huge loss if we did lose him.

In keeping with the nautical theme. How many more players currently on the roster need to walk the plank?

Fleck was big on Smith last year.

Strange development.

It was really just injury and the emergence of St. Juste.

I think T. Smith is a big part of our plans going forward. I think Durr, St. Juste and Smith are our top 3 CBs and we play 3 most plays.

When I hear "transfer portal," I envision some sci-fi gadget - like you step in the transfer portal in New York and come out in Los Angeles.

This one doesn't surprise me much, he seemed buried on the depth chart. I wish him well.

Fleck did say he is out-recruiting his players every year. I guess he really is trying to put the best product on the field.

My question is, are we going to see more transfers in the future of players who are buried on the depth chart who want to play? This is over and above the natural attrition.

I just hope that we don't lose players who are going to be very good in their third year. Development for some take a long time. Didn't David Cobb blossom in his third year? I hope there are no regrets in letting kids go too soon.

Competition in the Gopher Football program is intense.

Alabama and other schools seems to max out on 25 or so recruits every year. Iowa and Wisconsin I don't think so much.

I think some of this is today's society. I am a retired H.S. coach in a variety of sports. I coached at a good sized school next to a bigger city. What I found in my last years was that some kids were not willing to battle for a spot. They basically wanted a guaranteed position. Jobs were readily available in the area. Instead of taking a chance that they might win the job ... they feared that they might lose the position ... they just went and got a job.

Crootin', crooting, cruiting, and recuiting can all be used interchangeably. So can D bag and douche bag. Which by your aristocratic name and comment might very well fit you. I mean can't we have a little fun here? Don't call the fun police it's almost Christmas!

I am not sure if 247's transfer portal is accurate but N-Okonji's name has still not been added.

Top Bottom