ABC/ESPN2 Coverage Map

More impressive than I thought. Hopefully we don't lay an egg.

Interesting that State College will get the ACC game instead of the Big Ten.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing! Those in blue are hopefully in for a treat.

I honestly don't think it matters too much anymore. I remember seeing a stat a few years ago that said over 95% of households in the US with a TV get ESPN and ESPN2.

It's still cool to be on ABC but I don't think it is as big of a deal as it once was.

I honestly don't think it matters too much anymore. I remember seeing a stat a few years ago that said over 95% of households in the US with a TV get ESPN and ESPN2.

It's still cool to be on ABC but I don't think it is as big of a deal as it once was.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the ratings are consistently much higher on ABC than on ESPN/ESPN2.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the ratings are consistently much higher on ABC than on ESPN/ESPN2.

True and even more so in Minnesota which has some of the lowest cable penetration numbers in the country. So with the next two weeks being on ABC, winning Saturday then having a good showing or even better beating Michigan next week could be pretty important to the public's perception of the Gophers.

Nice to see we have the game on ABC in Texas. Can't hurt the recruiting there if we win.

Sadly, for some people (mostly older) out here in the vastness of West Central, MN, it does matter.

The ratings matter considerably. Most people get those channels but if they are flipping they start with ABC or ESPN and work their way down. A lot of people simply flip to ESPN and leave it there all day, especially places like bars and such.

Look at the ratings for the bowl games. Many games of comparable quality got drastically different ratings based primarily on what channel they were on.

EDIT: Meh, beat to it.

Interesting that FSU/Boston College is the game of choice on the West Coast. All things being equal, I'd think Minny-Iowa would be the better game to the indifferent observer.

Interesting that FSU/Boston College is the game of choice on the West Coast. All things being equal, I'd think Minny-Iowa would be the better game to the indifferent observer.

I'm not surprised. Florida State is ranked 8th in the country and Jameis Winston is one of the hotter names in college football right now.

The last I saw 13% of people with TVs watch over the air only......no sat or cable. That 95% may be those that have sat or cable.

The last I saw 13% of people with TVs watch over the air only......no sat or cable. That 95% may be those that have sat or cable.

I watch television via the internet exclusively. This is the fastest growing video audience for the last few years. It feels great to unplug from the cable company plan. Now, if more would do so, the consumer would be more in charge of the content and not have blackouts anywhere because there would not be intermediaries between the supplier and the consumer.

I watch television via the internet exclusively. This is the fastest growing video audience for the last few years. It feels great to unplug from the cable company plan. Now, if more would do so, the consumer would be more in charge of the content and not have blackouts anywhere because there would not be intermediaries between the supplier and the consumer.
I bet you like Aggievision.

You could be right. I do find it hard to believe that 5% of cable/satellite providers wouldn't have ESPN and ESPN2 though.

I would love to see AggieVision on a national broadcast.

My parents will get to watch this one! They seriously use a freaking antenna (and some how it comes in crystal clear HD) and get like 6 stations.

My parents will get to watch this one! They seriously use a freaking antenna (and some how it comes in crystal clear HD) and get like 6 stations.

I do the same thing. HD antenna + netflix is hard to beat for 8 bucks a month. The only thing I miss is Gopher football and Wild hockey. Glad I'll be able to watch on Saturday!

i wish the iowa game would have been a night game. man that would be something.

Top Bottom