Aaron Philo Commits!!!!

I like that he seems like he really wants to be here at this time.
No wishy washy drama.

I obviously have no future working for Rivals or 247.....what am I missing. Just watch his junior year highlights. Good size. Great arm. Looks incredibly accurate. Winner. What makes a 4 star?? Level of competition? Naked eye looks equivalent to big school Minnesota football and you can't ignore the stats.....100 TD's over his soph/junior seasons. Wow.

found this online:

As a sophomore in 2021, Aaron Philo carved up defenses for 4,540 yards and 47 touchdowns completing nearly 73 percent of his passes. This past fall as a Junior, he was the Peach State Class A Division 1 Offensive Player of the Year. Led Prince Avenue Christian to a perfect 14-0 record and a title. Completed 274 of 397 pass attempts (69 percent) for 4,598 yards with 54 TD to go against 8 INT. Also carried the ball 68 times for 361 yards (5.3 average) and 8 more scores. Threw for 5 TD or more in 6 games. That included in the state championship against Swainsboro where he was 21 of 32 for 477 yards with 6 TD and 1 INT. It also helps when he studies under former college coach Jon Richt, and yes, that Richt in former Georgia coach Mark Richt.

Georgia has 7 classes of HS football, so he plays in the smallest class.

just looking on 247 - looks like he had offers from Georgia Tech, Western Michigan, UCF and Connecticut, along with several mid-major schools.

.8500 composite score - ranked as 59th QB Nationally. 57th overall in Georgia.

But his HS is located in Bogart, Georgia - so he gets points for being from Bogart.

I obviously have no future working for Rivals or 247.....what am I missing. Just watch his junior year highlights. Good size. Great arm. Looks incredibly accurate. Winner. What makes a 4 star?? Level of competition? Naked eye looks equivalent to big school Minnesota football and you can't ignore the stats.....100 TD's over his soph/junior seasons. Wow.

His school is 800 students. He’s dominating a smaller class. No doubt he is supremely talented but that may be what you’re missing

Might be a little under the radar playing in a smaller conference. Definitely racking up some amazing stats.

Might be a little under the radar playing in a smaller conference. Definitely racking up some amazing stats.
Reminds me of a espn story i think from a few years back. A kid from New Mexico that put up insane stats but had no offers. I think it was a combo of size (5’10-5’11) and being from New Mexico.

Exciting commit. I wonder if any of the folks who follow recruiting rankings closely have insights into the highest rated QBs from schools of similar size? This year or previous years, really. It would make sense to me - YMMV - that evaluators would put a ceiling of sorts on players from small schools. Not saying that's fair, but evaluating a player like Philo as opposed to a player like Cole Kramer who played at the highest level in his state would be incredibly difficult.

Don’t worry about Prince Avenue Christian being from the smallest classification division in Georgia. The program is elite right now and they routinely play teams from larger classifications in their non-region schedule, playoff teams mind you, and beat them.

He will be a perfect fit with the Gophers development-wise.

Exciting commit. I wonder if any of the folks who follow recruiting rankings closely have insights into the highest rated QBs from schools of similar size?
This high school is only about 30 minutes from the University of Georgia. The Bulldogs currently have a 5-Star QB from Prince Avenue Christian on their roster whom Philo inherited the high school starting QB position from. That QB (Brock Van de Griff) was ranked as a top 20 player overall in the nation.

This high school is only about 30 minutes from the University of Georgia. The Bulldogs currently have a 5-Star QB from Prince Avenue Christian on their roster whom Philo inherited the high school starting QB position from. That QB (Brock Van de Griff) was ranked as a top 20 player overall in the nation.
Very interesting, thanks!

“Let’s Roll” not “Let’s Row”

Oh boy……

His school is 800 students. He’s dominating a smaller class. No doubt he is supremely talented but that may be what you’re missing
Comes from the same school as class of 2021 #17 overall recruit and #4 QB recruit Brock Vandagriff, so I'd say more likely he just hasn't been out at camps as much yet. He has big potential to blow up, may be tough to hold the commitment.

Top Bottom