Aaron Johnston

Agreed, but one of the knocks is they don’t want to drive an hour each way to the office. The job is grueling enough and takes up enough time. Most don’t want to lose more time in a car driving home. Part of what they like about Brookings is they don’t have to live far away. The community treats him and his family really well.
Is it an hour drive to Jordan? He could also have a nice apartment close to campus and just go home on weekends and select weekday nights.

Anyway, obviously nothing I propose will be exactly like it is in a college town with 20k population.

Agreed, but one of the knocks is they don’t want to drive an hour each way to the office. The job is grueling enough and takes up enough time. Most don’t want to lose more time in a car driving home. Part of what they like about Brookings is they don’t have to live far away. The community treats him and his family really well.
For what it is worth, according to Google he could drive from the U of M to his hometown of Pine Island in 1 hour 2 minutes.

Is it an hour drive to Jordan? He could also have a nice apartment close to campus and just go home on weekends and select weekday nights.

Anyway, obviously nothing I propose will be exactly like it is in a college town with 20k population.
He's got 4 young kids, and he is too involved of a dad to buy into that.

I don’t know if he is interested but if he wanted to go to a bigger school and get a pay raise, this would be the year to do it. If he stays, I think at 48 with the program he’s established there, he would be a jackrabbit until he retires. JMO.

He's got 4 young kids, and he is too involved of a dad to buy into that.
Exactly, he doesn’t want to waste two hours a day of an already crazy job time commitment driving home. Basketball coaches squeeze in family time whenever they can during the season, that means an hour here or there even.

Top Bottom