AAAAA Studs?

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Tonight's start of the 5A state tourney got me thinking... We know about all the elite players on Eden Prairie, Wayzata, and CDH, but what about the other five schools still playing? They're obviously good teams. Who has been carrying these teams all year? Who should we be watching for? Any potential Gopher walk-ons?

Tonight's start of the 5A state tourney got me thinking... We know about all the elite players on Eden Prairie, Wayzata, and CDH, but what about the other five schools still playing? They're obviously good teams. Who has been carrying these teams all year? Who should we be watching for? Any potential Gopher walk-ons?

Moundsview's got Billy Turner, who just committed to NDSU, big kid, 6'5'' 280, and a really active front 7, I'm not sure whether there are any walk on candidates, but their linebacker #36 is a really big framed kid that can move, he's a 6'4'' 215 lb guy that triple jumps in track he'd be my pick from their D. Their TE is a junior and will be a QB next year, 6'2'' 235 lb with speed, fullback/TE possibility for 2011 I'd expect. Overall, Moundsview's got alot of 6'2 200+ lb kids that can run, and they play at alot of positions, HB/OG/LB/S/QB/TE

Billy Turner, who just committed to NDSU

Further evidence that Turner's claims of being offered by the U (not sure if he truly claimed that, but that was the way it was related here by GHers) were completely bogus.

Further evidence that Turner's claims of being offered by the U (not sure if he truly claimed that, but that was the way it was related here by GHers) were completely bogus.

from what I understand, it was a preferred walkon/possible late offer of some sort, this from an NDSU outfit reporting on the commit. He's getting a scholarship to a D1 school, cheers to him.

from what I understand, it was a preferred walkon/possible late offer of some sort, this from an NDSU outfit reporting on the commit. He's getting a scholarship to a D1 school, cheers to him.

I don't consider the opportunity to walk-on as an offer.

Here is a nice article on him (Billy Turner) in the PP. Doesn't say anything about committing to NDSU, although I haven't checked out his bio on any of the recruiting rags.

Good luck to him, whatever he decides.

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_13776525

Go Gophers!
SK Gopher

OK I sort of lied. I know a lot about Mounds View (but assumed others interested in this thread wouldn't). Any info on the other four teams? Lakeville North, Brainerd, Centennial and Eastview?

Centennial

Cantennial has a QB that is legit - Anderson, I believe. He has committed to play baseball somewhere in Florida. Throws 94 mph. he is about 6'3" and 220 lb. he can run the ball and is awfully accurate.

billys committed to NDSU.

NDSU Football Commitment

Mounds View offensive lineman Billy Turner (#8 recruit in minnesota on rivals) has verbally committed to NDSU, according to Mustangs Athletic Director Jim Galvin.

Turner is a 6-5, 280 pounder who also had scholarship offers from Northern Iowa, Illinois State, NDSU and "something from the University of Minnesota" -- likely a preferred walk-on status.

His older brother, Maurice, is a receiver at Northern Iowa, and his dad played a short stint of professional football.

Mounds View beat Stillwater tonight for the section 2AAAAA Championship. The Mustangs will play Lakeville North in the state quarterfinals. Both teams are 9-2.

It's the 12th known commitment for NDSU.

What about Eastview? Any chance they pull off the upset against CDH?

Eastview can beat CDH. They have a pretty good DE #88 Losee but no real superstars. RB Dajon Newel from LVN is definitely a guy to watch.
________
Mexico Hotels

lakebison,

AJ Troup was carted off the field last night, leg immobilized. Made a huge reception after their D forced a turnover, got tackled rather awkward, it really was a devastating blow for Wayzata from that point on.

AAAAA playoffs were great games in week 1.
I was at the MV/Lakeville slugfest, gotta say, really great game for both teams. MV pulled it out in dramatic fashion with a TD down the sidelines to their TE(Junior prospect, nice athlete).

Sounds like Cretin and Eastview went down to the wire too, and the Wayzata/EP game was a hard fought battle. I didn't hear much about the Brainerd game.
Anyone go to those games? Any players jump out? Gotta love HS football, it's just the most pure form of the sport.

I was at the MV/Lakeville game as well. Very impressed with the Lakeville running back #22. Their whole offense was based on handing the ball to him and letting him find seams (with a few QB runs mixed in).

Top Bottom