A Win Is A...

ncgo4

Reaction score
Win. Yeah, I know, but boy was this a challenge to watch. 3 targeting calls and each one a good call.

Offense looked pretty ****ty, mostly because that vaunted bigger, stronger & meaner offense was only bigger. But I put most of the blame on the OC. OSU had 9 in the box and he kept calling off tackle runs. Coaches kept telling us, "We will be prepared to take what they give us." It was a lie, just like Kill, they seemed afraid of the pass.

Oh, well, a win is a win. We get a real bad team next week then a week off.

Games like this happen. There's no need to panic. If the team struggles like this the next two games, there may be cause for concern going into the conference schedule. I'm optimistic that this was a hiccup and we'll see better games against Ind St and CSU. Just avoid the injury bug.

I dislike that quote so very much. A win is not always a win. Watching this game, even though it shows up a W in the books, shows a coaching staff that looks very broken. .

Step back from the ledge, it's the first game, lots of young guys played, they were learning a new system. Plenty of time to clean things up. Things are going to be okay.

I think it's funny. Every year we watch the Iowa Hawkeyes or the Badgers play a game like this where we watch them need a late field goal or a defensive stand to win a game against a non conference opponent and then we conclude that they are going to be terrible. Yet at the end of the year they are in the mix for the B1G championship. We very well may be terrible this year, but we should probably wait until mid October to start making up out minds as to how good or bad we are.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think it's funny. Every year we watch the Iowa Hawkeyes or the Badgers play a game like this where we watch them need a late field goal or a defensive stand to win a game against a non conference opponent and then we conclude that they are going to be terrible. Yet at the end of the year they are in the mix for the B1G championship. We very well may be terrible this year, but we should probably wait until mid October to start making up out minds as to how good or bad we are.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Gophers are always slow starters. Have faith.

Win. Yeah, I know, but boy was this a challenge to watch. 3 targeting calls and each one a good call.

Offense looked pretty ****ty, mostly because that vaunted bigger, stronger & meaner offense was only bigger. But I put most of the blame on the OC. OSU had 9 in the box and he kept calling off tackle runs. Coaches kept telling us, "We will be prepared to take what they give us." It was a lie, just like Kill, they seemed afraid of the pass.

Oh, well, a win is a win. We get a real bad team next week then a week off.

That's the game I saw. Play calling on offense was no better than last year. We didn't do all the stupid shifting and still had a ton of penalties (had to be at least one per drive) and the bad snaps. Leidner actually threw some nice looking passes (nice spirals). Couple of the deep throws could have been caught, ball was in the right place. Our receivers still look like they belong in the Sun Belt.

Defense was okay. I'll give them a little pass with all the ejections. You all of a sudden moved a couple guys around, but the swing pass killed us all night. The screen pass on 3rd and 18 was horrible defended. OSU seemed to know every time we were about to blitz and worked magic. Whatever we were doing, we were tipping them off.

In the end, it's a win. At the end of the year, we won't even remember how ugly it was. Let's polish things next week against a truly awful team.

I was more annoyed with our third down defense than offense. As spar said swing pass and screen hurt

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom