A tribute to Jeff Horton

johnnybb

Reaction score
Here we pay homage to legendary Gopher head coach Jeff Horton, whose impressive 1.000 record in non-bell shaped trophy games should serve as an inspiration to all who play, and all who ever will play on the hallowed turf of TCF Bank Stadium

4cdff336dbee3.preview-300.jpg

Jeff Horton, hats off to thee. You'll never be forgotten.

I welcome everyone to share their favorite Jeff Horton memory.

I miss his lack of discipline getting kids to class that resulted in a few being ineligibile and the calls by Sid to hire him full time.

That Iowa game was fun though.

I miss his lack of discipline getting kids to class that resulted in a few being ineligibile and the calls by Sid to hire him full time.

Actually, he suspended Michael Carter and Hageman for the rest of that year in 2010 due to their poor academics, I am pretty sure. That is, if my memory is serving me correctly

E. Bigelow beat me to it.

Horton was a great guy and would have loved to see him find a way to stick here through the coaching change. Really confused though as to the point of this thread.

Horton was a great guy and would have loved to see him find a way to stick here through the coaching change. Really confused though as to the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is that Horton is undefeated vs. Iowa and for that, it deserves an annual mention! Loved that game when we beat Iowa and the team and crowd rallied around and enjoyed the heck out of that game!

Go Horton!!

Loved the onside kick, and the fact that I got to touch the pig on the field immediately after the game :)

Being there for both...

Did you also make it to Murfreesboro for the opener against Middle Tennessee? Because I've always been under the impression that I was one of approximately seven people who attended all three victories in 2010.

FYI, Horton is in his 3rd season as Asst. Head Coach/RB at San Diego St.

Good memories from that day. After the game, Horton and several players were at Burrito Loco with Floyd. My friends and I offered to buy Horton a drink, but there was a long line of people trying to do the same. He was very cordial. I thanked him for everything and I remember him saying, "Boy, we had fun out there, didn't we?"

Good memories from that day. After the game, Horton and several players were at Burrito Loco with Floyd. My friends and I offered to buy Horton a drink, but there was a long line of people trying to do the same. He was very cordial. I thanked him for everything and I remember him saying, "Boy, we had fun out there, didn't we?"

I was there for that also after the game!

Top Bottom