A Statistic from last nights game that almost made me want to cry...

thailleagle

Reaction score
For once... in a LOOOOOOONG time...

How many times have we seen our Defense make a Freshman QB look like a 5th Year Senior? How many QB's have had career days against us? How many times have we've seen a QB with below average season stats look like Peyton Manning against us? I'm not talking about a good QB that comes in & works our D... I'm talking about the QB with only 1 TD in their last 4 games averaging 167yds come in & light us up for 5 TD's & 400yds passing...

Last night... we made a mediocre QB actually look mediocre...

I was proud of that...

How many times have we seen our Defense make a Freshman QB look like a 5th Year Senior? How many QB's have had career days against us? How many times have we've seen a QB with below average season stats look like Peyton Manning against us? I'm not talking about a good QB that comes in & works our D... I'm talking about the QB with only 1 TD in their last 4 games averaging 167yds come in & light us up for 5 TD's & 400yds passing...

I was proud of that...

It all starts along the line.

I was proud of that...

I know.. We actually GOT to the QB last night. I was having flashbacks to New Mexico State's QB using the 5 D's of dodgeball to avoid our pass rushers and following them up with a long TD pass. With the exception of the one pass (that ironically ended up as a TD for the Rebs), our defense took a step forward for once.

True. I think that should be attributed to the entire defense, not just the d-backs. Our d-line was putting on a pretty decent rush all night, cut into his throwing time, causing several errant throws to open receivers.

So what is the stat that almost wanted to make you cry?

That the opposing QB stats were this:

UNLV Rebels...Comp...Att...Yds...Pct...Y/A...Sack...YdsL...TD...Int...Rating
Nick Sherry.......16.....35...116..45.7...3.3.....2......13......1......3.....65.8

Excellent point. Also want to mention some notable clutch open field tackles. Not many missed tackles at all.

I know.. We actually GOT to the QB last night. I was having flashbacks to New Mexico State's QB using the 5 D's of dodgeball to avoid our pass rushers and following them up with a long TD pass. With the exception of the one pass (that ironically ended up as a TD for the Rebs), our defense took a step forward for once.

So many flashbacks... so many "here we go again" moments & wouldn't you know it they didn't happen...

Very glad the D didn't break last night...

There were lots of encouraging things about the defense. It was cool. This is kinda out of left field here, but I thought Beal looked very good. I noticed him in the middle of the game and looked for him later and he didn't seem to be playing. Hopefully, he stays healthy.

Top Bottom