A Small Gripe About the, "Yea, but..." Crowd

In about 11 months time, we have beaten Penn State, Nebraska and Michigan. Think about that for a moment.

In about 11 months time, we have beaten Penn State, Nebraska and Michigan. Think about that for a moment.

There are many who have ignored this fact in their quest to say the "yeah, but" crowd was wrong. Yeah, but the above^^^.

I heard the announcer or reporter saying this was one of the most important wins in the Gopher program history. I thought that deserved a .....Yeah but---------Minnesota has 7 national titles.

Had to laugh at that one considering this isn't even the program's most important win over Michigan, let alone in the program's history. But, hyperbole sells and ABC/ESPN loves to make declarative statements.

Had to laugh at that one considering this isn't even the program's most important win over Michigan, let alone in the program's history. But, hyperbole sells and ABC/ESPN loves to make declarative statements.

I don't know if it hyperbole as much as ignorance. They just don't seem to have done their homework on the Gophers. Keep winning and they may pay attention.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if it hyperbole as much as ignorance. They just don't seem to have done their homework on the Gophers. Keep winning and they may pay attention.

I suppose it could reasonably be called hyperbole born from ignorance. Agree, just keep winning and maybe a little more attention will be paid.

There are many who have ignored this fact in their quest to say the "yeah, but" crowd was wrong. Yeah, but the above^^^.

There are also many that are trying to ignore the fact that beating a down helmet school is not the same as beating a contending helmet school.

It is awesome that we beat Michigan (lord knows it hasn't happened much in the last 40+ years) but let's also not pretend like this was representative of a typical Michigan team that is in the hunt for the Big Ten title most years. Unless something drastic changes this has the look of being a Michigan team that is going to lose a lot of games this year.

The Gophers played great on Saturday, it was a ton of fun to watch, but let's not get carried away with assigning too much value to this one game until we see how the rest of the season plays out.

So far we have beaten 3 cupcakes, gotten dominated by what looks to be a pretty good to very good TCU team, and we crushed a below average Michigan team. As has been pointed out if the team can take care of business over the next stretch the chance to really make some noise in the Big Ten and Nationally will come in those last 3 games.

And all were double digit victories as well, no doubt who was the better team in each of those wins.

Some people just have to channel their inner sorb.

Top Bottom