A Ray of Recruiting Hope

akgopher

Reaction score
Elliott Eliason is visiting during the TCF opener and looks to have us in his final 3. He'd be a perfect commit, a project post who can play behind Sampson/Iverson for 2 years and emerge as a junior.

An early class of Eliason, either Joseph/Releford/McCallum, and a Spring signing of Thomas (if academics are in order) or another legit 2/3 who slide past the early period is realistic. It would be a huge coup considering where things are at this point and how the rest of the conference has recruited this year.

Elliott Eliason is visiting during the TCF opener and looks to have us in his final 3. He'd be a perfect commit, a project post who can play behind Sampson/Iverson for 2 years and emerge as a junior.

An early class of Eliason, either Joseph/Releford/McCallum, and a Spring signing of Thomas (if academics are in order) or another legit 2/3 who slide past the early period is realistic. It would be a huge coup considering where things are at this point and how the rest of the conference has recruited this year.
Anytime you see Stanford listed recruiting a guy, odds are there are no academic worries. I noticed that his high school team nickname is The Cardinals. I hope that's not an omen.

Joseph is key. I feel like Releford and McCallum are real long shots, and PG is the team's biggest need IMO. Is Vander Blue still on the radar?

Since 1996 Class At Georgia

Tubby has signed 12 classes (1996-97-98-99-2000-01-02-03-04-06-08-09) out of 14 that were rated Top 20 or better.

Odds are in his favor of another such class.

Odds are in his favor of another such class.

With all due respect, how on earth can you say this at this point in the game. Who is it you think we are going to sign (of those who are even still on the board) to move us from zero recruits to top 20 class? I do not believe in blind faith. Faith, but not blind faith.

I wonder what's changed with Eliason. It seemed the Gophers were interested him a long time ago, then cooled on him. I also thought he was considered a lock to stay home and play at Creighton at one point.

Anytime you see Stanford listed recruiting a guy, odds are there are no academic worries. I noticed that his high school team nickname is The Cardinals. I hope that's not an omen.

It would be an omen for Louisville, but not Stanford, they are the Cardinal (see: tree, Brian, religious authority, color).

With all due respect, how on earth can you say this at this point in the game. Who is it you think we are going to sign (of those who are even still on the board) to move us from zero recruits to top 20 class? I do not believe in blind faith. Faith, but not blind faith.

Simple math. At BCS schools, Tubby is 86% likely to sign Top 20 or better class and 14% likely NOT to sign such a class.

Odds are in his favor.

I for one will be extremely disappointed if we get Eliason a "project" big man. I know a lot has changed in 2 years but I doubt Tubby settles for him

I for one will be extremely disappointed if we get Eliason a "project" big man. I know a lot has changed in 2 years but I doubt Tubby settles for him

With Iverson-Sampson-Mbwake(hopefully)-and some White getting minutes at post positions we aren't going to sign a recruit demanding 15-20 minutes a game.

Tubby wouldn't be settling for him. It is my understanding that the staff really likes this guy. He has been their No. 2 big man target from the get-go. They worked extremely hard to get a visit from him.

Ben Mills

Does Ben Mills still figure in the big man recruiting picture?

Simple math. At BCS schools, Tubby is 86% likely to sign Top 20 or better class and 14% likely NOT to sign such a class.

Odds are in his favor.

Hmm. That may have been true before he started recruiting this class. But at this point, I think the odds of landing a top 20 class have dropped precipitously, given the targets left on the table. It's still possible, but not likely in my view. I agree with others that I don't think it's necessary. I'd have no problem with a class that was shooting for depth. We got enough young talent that we can afford to settle for depth recruits or diamonds in the rough in one class every few years.

Hmm. That may have been true before he started recruiting this class. But at this point, I think the odds of landing a top 20 class have dropped precipitously, given the targets left on the table. It's still possible, but not likely in my view. I agree with others that I don't think it's necessary. I'd have no problem with a class that was shooting for depth. We got enough young talent that we can afford to settle for depth recruits or diamonds in the rough in one class every few years.

Exactly. We don't need a top 20 class this year. Depth and plugging some holes would be fine.
-A stud PG.
-A 2 with a reliable shot or an athletic wing(Not if Rodney Williams becomes more polished).
-A post who can live with getting 5 minutes of PT as a frosh.

PG is the one position it would be nice to make a recruiting splash.

Exactly. We don't need a top 20 class this year. Depth and plugging some holes would be fine.
-A stud PG.
-A 2 with a reliable shot or an athletic wing(Not if Rodney Williams becomes more polished).
-A post who can live with getting 5 minutes of PT as a frosh.

PG is the one position it would be nice to make a recruiting splash.

Joseph or Releford, Eliason or Kirk, and Thomas would be Top 20 class or close to it.

Still hearing Marquette is the team to beat at the moment for Blue.

Top Bottom