A Proposal from Buckyville

As someone who, in the unlikely event of a Badger win, will probably hide from all things football for at least a week following, I fully support this idea.

He does realize that Minnesota is at least 70% German, right?

Don't know who the Moderator is over here, and I don't speak for Southfew (Buckyville's Mod), but here's a thread that might interest you guys, if you're game:

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22651

other than that, it's not my call but, why not?
Wisconsin sucks might not be six year old safe.

A month might be a bit long as we'll generally move on either way once the smell goes away in two or three days. But Perhaps a picture of the axe with the victors holding it would suffice with maybe the caption "gophers win", or "badgers suck". Just to keep things simple.

Don't know who the Moderator is over here, and I don't speak for Southfew (Buckyville's Mod), but here's a thread that might interest you guys, if you're game:

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22651

i didn't click on the link. considering it is a proposal from wisconsinites i figure the wager has something to do with necrophilia and lamp shades made out of skin......and well frankly we just aren't as into that on this side of the st. croix river. no thanks! :rolleyes:

A proposal? Are you gonna get down one one or both knees?

How about the winner gets to post 6 big banners on their website....

Proclaiming their 6 National Championships

No wait... only 1 of us could do that.

They still have Yuku?

Yikes. Must not cause as much trouble with an Apple IIe as it did with my machine.

How about the winner gets to post 6 big banners on their website....

Proclaiming their 6 National Championships

No wait... only 1 of us could do that.

Those games must have been really fun for you to see. Wow...a 90 year old man on the internet. I'm impressed! Pretty sad when your only claim to fame is 60 years old, and nobody alive remembers it.

I say we put up 6 pictures of us winning the ax, from 2004-2009. That's more relevant to today.

Those games must have been really fun for you to see. Wow...a 90 year old man on the internet. I'm impressed! Pretty sad when your only claim to fame is 60 years old, and nobody alive remembers it.

I say we put up 6 pictures of us winning the ax, from 2004-2009. That's more relevant to today.

Our only claim to fame is 60 years old? When was your claim to fame? Of course, we all know the answer is never. Wisconsin football has never achieved anything in its 100+ years of existence. Zero National Championships. Seven fewer Big Ten titles. Zero tradition. Hope this helps.

Our only claim to fame is 60 years old? When was your claim to fame? Of course, we all know the answer is never. Wisconsin football has never achieved anything in its 100+ years of existence. Zero National Championships. Seven fewer Big Ten titles. Zero tradition. Hope this helps.

Yet, in the past 40 years you guys have achieved LESS. When I was in college I went to 4 straight Florida bowl games. That's pretty sweet.

Christ, you guys are really, really *&^@#*&^@#*&^@#*&^@#ing pathetic. You cling to those two decades of glory that nobody, NOBODY can remember. Why not mention what you've done the past 20 years, things that you witnessed in person, memories you have of being there. I remember the blocked punt, winning bowl games, partying on the beach in Florida, going 12-1. Things I can relate to. I hardly even care about the 1993 Rose Bowl, since I was pretty young and don't remember it. Sure it's great, but not for me. The current generation(s) of Gopher fans have NOTHING to hang their hat on.

Edit: and that's not even mentioning seeing the Badgers win a National Championship in Milwaukee, seeing the Basketball team climb to a number 1 ranking, and win the Big Ten...But, you can have your 1940s National Championships. Must have been a helluva party. Oh yeah, everyone was on war rations. Nevermind, that would have sucked.

Yet, in the past 40 years you guys have achieved LESS. When I was in college I went to 4 straight Florida bowl games. That's pretty sweet.

Christ, you guys are really, really *&^@#*&^@#*&^@#*&^@#ing pathetic. You cling to those two decades of glory that nobody, NOBODY can remember. Why not mention what you've done the past 20 years, things that you witnessed in person, memories you have of being there. I remember the blocked punt, winning bowl games, partying on the beach in Florida, going 12-1. Things I can relate to. I hardly even care about the 1993 Rose Bowl, since I was pretty young and don't remember it. Sure it's great, but not for me. The current generation(s) of Gopher fans have NOTHING to hang their hat on.

And you are jealous because Wisconsin has ZERO National Championships, SEVEN fewer Big Ten titles and ZERO football tradition. Two decades? Try eight. Wisconsin hasn't achieved anything in the past 40 years themselves so I don't know what you're talking about.

By the way, the very definition of "tradition" is what happened in the past. Sorry I have to dumb it down for you.

And you are jealous because Wisconsin has ZERO National Championships, SEVEN fewer Big Ten titles and ZERO football tradition. Two decades? Try eight. Wisconsin hasn't achieved anything in the past 40 years themselves so I don't know what you're talking about.

By the way, the very definition of "tradition" is what happened in the past. Sorry I have to dumb it down for you.

Like I said, I don't really give a *&^@#*&^@#*&^@#*&^@# what happened before about 2000. I didn't follow college football, had no personal stake in it. It'd rather have the team be good when I'm in school and when I follow it. And they were. All 3 teams. I'm absolutely not jealous at all of your national championships. Great. I've never seen the Badgers lose to the Gophers in football. I'd rather have that.

Edit: and that's not even mentioning seeing the Badgers win a National Championship in Milwaukee, seeing the Basketball team climb to a number 1 ranking, and win the Big Ten...But, you can have your 1940s National Championships. Must have been a helluva party. Oh yeah, everyone was on war rations. Nevermind, that would have sucked.

Wow, you must be REAL popular when you tell Packer, Bucks, Brewer, Brave and Bucks fans that they have how do you put it, NOTHING to hang their hat on :eek:

We ARE you still here? :confused::horse::horse::horse:

Unless you were born in the 1930s, you have witnessed more Gopher football losses than you have victories. FACT!

Like I said, I don't really give a *&^@#*&^@#*&^@#*&^@# what happened before about 2000. I didn't follow college football, had no personal stake in it. It'd rather have the team be good when I'm in school and when I follow it. And they were. All 3 teams. I'm absolutely not jealous at all of your national championships. Great. I've never seen the Badgers lose to the Gophers in football. I'd rather have that.

If you do not care about football tradition, I am not surprised you are a Wisconsin Badgers fan.

If you do not care about football tradition, I am not surprised you are a Wisconsin Badgers fan.

If you only care about what happend 70 years ago, I'm not surprised you are a Minnesota fan.

You have no tradition. The Metrodome took it all from you. A brand new stadium, which is nice, but has no tradition. You don't have the Ax, the Pig or the Jug. You have a generation of fans that are 25-50 years old that don't know what it's like to have an on campus stadium. Your last great season was 59 years ago. Minnesota football is about a irrelevant as it comes...

If you only care about what happend 70 years ago, I'm not surprised you are a Minnesota fan.

You have no tradition. The Metrodome took it all from you. A brand new stadium, which is nice, but has no tradition. You don't have the Ax, the Pig or the Jug. You have a generation of fans that are 25-50 years old that don't know what it's like to have an on campus stadium. Your last great season was 59 years ago. Minnesota football is about a irrelevant as it comes...

So irrelevant you're on a Minnesota football site posting to Minnesota football fans about Minnesota football....

Uh, ok.

So irrelevant you're on a Minnesota football site posting to Minnesota football fans about Minnesota football....

Uh, ok.

Yep. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I really, really hate Minnesota and everything about it, so it's pretty entertaining to laugh at you guys. Besides, I'm at work right now getting paid to do nothing...might as well.

What happened 59 years ago? Is that the last year we won a National Championship? By that measure, Wisconsin has never had a great season in its entire history.

Did you know, HolyCrossBadger, that cheerleading was invented at the University of Minnesota for Gopher football? That's not cheerleading at the U, or cheerleading in the Big Ten or even college football. That is cheerleading for the entire planet earth. But don't worry, "Jump Around" is nice too.

Like I said, I don't really give a *&^@#*&^@#*&^@#*&^@# what happened before about 2000. I didn't follow college football, had no personal stake in it.

This is my favorite post by a Badger "fan" ever. Most of us like to accuse them of this...this one freely admits it. Let me guess, trombone? Oboe?

These little fairies that scream and pound their keyboards the loudest are the ones that had to blow into their little instruments while the rest of us played sports all of our lives. Now they talk trash about the sports they've loved for all of 8 years. Hi-f*cking-larious.

Just another douchebag holding a camera on the sidelines of life, eh Myles?

Yep. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I really, really hate Minnesota and everything about it, so it's pretty entertaining to laugh at you guys. Besides, I'm at work right now getting paid to do nothing...might as well.

Sounds like that UW education is really paying off for you. The customers are probably waiting for their burgers to be flipped.

Maybe you should have worked on your math during your four years in Madison. 1960 was 49 years ago.

OK, I think we can now safely agree that ALL fan bases have their lunatic/idiotic fringe (we regularly see some of yours at Buckyville). To admit you only cared about college football for nine years and then come over here woofing to people who have followed it through the Dark Times in Minnesota is a bit much.

Perhaps you should read Monsignor's post on The Storied Rivalry, then think before you post.

Top Bottom