A MUST SEE

There is a big difference. My kid's SAT was significantly higher than ACT and high enough to get a scholarship. She's a dreamer. I now give advice to prospective college students to take both. I never took the SAT but probably should have....took the ACT the morning after being out all night at a Billy Squire concert (those were the days!).

I'd love to see Fleck's Big Five trait inventory. My guess is that Openness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion are off the charts, also that his Agreeableness and Neuroticism are higher than usual for a football coach.

Anybody else catch the comment he makes when he is talking about how he loves when his coaches leave to reach their dreams?

"As long as they do it the right way"

Maybe Kirk didn't do it the right way? Anyways, KC just jumped on to a boat with a hole in it...

Video is well worth watching....wow....

It would be interesting to know what other coaches truly think of Fleck and the way he does things. On the one hand you listen to him and some of the stuff he is saying just seems so over the top. But then you look at what his teams have done over his 7 years as a head coach and it is impossible to deny that he knows what he is doing. In just 7 years as a head coach he has guided two programs to historic seasons. Western Michigan's 13-1 record was their best in the history of the program and Minnesota's 11-2 was one of the best ever at the program and easily the best season in the past 50+ years.

He talks about being ahead of the curve in how they do things but I am not sure that is true. What Fleck does will be very hard for other coaches to replicate because very few coaches can match his level of energy and enthusiasm. And that level of energy and enthusiasm is not something you can fake over long periods. You can do it in bursts but from everything we hear about Fleck he is like this basically all the time. It is just who he is.

Things like weekly themes and what not can come across as corny or weird and I am sure the older coaches role their eyes some at the antics. But you can bet they are taking note as well of what Fleck is doing because if he can win the way he has with lesser talent, imagine what will happen if he can get even more talented athletes to buy into what he is doing.....

Hopefully we can keep Fleck here for a long long time and enjoy this crazy ride we are on. I am fine with cheering for a team that goes against the grain of business as usual. Let's have some fun and see where this thing goes.

There is a big difference. My kid's SAT was significantly higher than ACT and high enough to get a scholarship. She's a dreamer. I now give advice to prospective college students to take both. I never took the SAT but probably should have....took the ACT the morning after being out all night at a Billy Squire concert (those were the days!).
Wish I knew this 25 years ago. I got the ACT required to get into U and only applied to the U. I'm more of a dreamer and ideas person. Good advice.

Do you remember what you were thinking when it was 3rd and 30? As a long time Gopher fan, I’m pretty good at going straight to depression and try not to spend long in denial or anger. But getting to acceptance is still hard. I was bargaining already with myself on how to accept a loss and what it would mean to the season.
Man - that guy is like a case of five hour energy.
Perfectly summarized my own feelings

I'll watch it later. When I have more time. If I get around to it. . .

Top Bottom