A Message to Adam Weber

doctor j

Reaction score
Adam, This Saturday is your last chance to beat the Badgers. Do your homework, focus, have fun, but most of all make them RESPECT YOUR LEGS!!! Run every chance you get--quarterback draws, on broken pass plays, anything and everything. An NFL running coaching philosophy does not preclude you from doing the running yourself (at unexpected times). You're good throwing on the run so do that too. It should open up the middle for your receivers and make our offense more unpredictable and more potent.

No thanks, Weber fumbles all the time when he runs.

That's only because he always dives head first. If he'd just slide, he'd be fine.

2 things Weber NEVER does:

1) Slide feet first on a run

2) Throw the ball away when nobody is open

Both have cost us in multiple games.

That said, if we're gonna beat Wisconsin, Web's gonna have to take off a few times on some 3rd and longs.

That's only because he always dives head first. If he'd just slide, he'd be fine.

2 things Weber NEVER does:

1) Slide feet first on a run

2) Throw the ball away when nobody is open

Both have cost us in multiple games.

That said, if we're gonna beat Wisconsin, Web's gonna have to take off a few times on some 3rd and longs.

The kid plays hard and has a ton of heart. It's been discussed at length, but again, he is not the reason we are 1-4!

The kid plays hard and has a ton of heart. It's been discussed at length, but again, he is not the reason we are 1-4!

No doubt there, and I'm not a Weber-basher, just pointing out two habits he has with the ball that I think hurt the Gophers as a team. He should be the starting QB this season, and I fully support that decision.

Adam, This Saturday is your last chance to beat the Badgers. Do your homework, focus, have fun, but most of all make them RESPECT YOUR LEGS!!! Run every chance you get--quarterback draws, on broken pass plays, anything and everything. An NFL running coaching philosophy does not preclude you from doing the running yourself (at unexpected times). You're good throwing on the run so do that too. It should open up the middle for your receivers and make our offense more unpredictable and more potent.

I'm sensing sarcasm..... I wonder where it is....

Top Bottom