A Major League Choke

Reaction score
Talk about a dead, sterile half court offense. They bumble around or Westbrook dribbles around and then someone goes one-on-one. No good movement or cuts. Just one-on-one basketball. Schoolyard basketball is as efficient as that crap.

Brewster, I think you are too hard on your team. They will make the tourney.....be a 8 or 9 seed, and will surprise at lot of talking heads.......Good luck, I am rooting for Minny the rest of the way.......Go Golden Golphers!

Brewster, I think you are too hard on your team. They will make the tourney.....be a 8 or 9 seed, and will surprise at lot of talking heads.......Good luck, I am rooting for Minny the rest of the way.......Go Golden Golphers!

How are we supposed to make the tournament? We already have several bad losses and there aren't many potential good wins left on the schedule.

We won't make the NCAAs with three of our best players out, possibly for rest of year. Of course, you'd root for the Gophers as Sparty beat them twice.

Talk about a dead, sterile half court offense. They bumble around or Westbrook dribbles around and then someone goes one-on-one. No good movement or cuts. Just one-on-one basketball. Schoolyard basketball is as efficient as that crap.

Did you watch the first half?

I think he is referring to the 2nd half. Where we implemented the 3 man weave at the top of the key for much of the half.

How are we supposed to make the tournament? We already have several bad losses and there aren't many potential good wins left on the schedule.

We'd have to go on an epic run, but I don't think these guys are capable of that. So in other words, I agree.

Gophers can make NCAA but have a lot of work to do. Seed will be double digit, 10 or 11 (not 8 or 9).

The Gophers play in the best basketball conference in the country. I'd assume if you can get to 20 wins and win a game or two in the BTT you make the tournament.

Why did Tubby clear everyone out for Westy with 15 on the shot clock?

Tubby motioned all 4 back and let Westy take it.

This offense is just not very good, and hasnt been for many years.

Good Wins Left

Possible Good Wins Left ( team with RPI < 100 ) :

@ Ohio State Jan 21..... RPI 43
@ Northwestern Feb 14..... RPI 62
Wisconsin here Feb 18..... RPI 11
Purdue here Feb 24 ..... RPI 12
@ Illinois Feb 27 ..... RPI 77

RPI by real time: http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_big10_Men.html

Problem is we probably need at least 3 of these 5 games, IMHO !

Go Gophers.

Gophers can make NCAA but have a lot of work to do. Seed will be double digit, 10 or 11 (not 8 or 9).

Actually I would rather have a 11 0r 12 seed. 8,9 seed sucks but I would take anything now. We might need Royce playing and possibly Nolen-then make a big run in BTT.

Anyone with the moniker BrewsterBooster has suffered too much to be objective.

We had a tough stretch since Jan. 5th including at Purdue, OSU, at Indiana, two MSU games. Granted, the Indy loss was huge. Today's loss is tough to swallow. Yet, we have not done that badly to expectation as we were thought to lose 3 games instead of 4 out of 5. We are not out of the Tourney just yet. We will have to beat Purdue and Wisconsin at home. And, 7 wins out of the 10 left. At OSU, at Illinois, and at NW will be as tough but doable. Still too early to fold.

I am so tired of the choke jobs, the failure to win the big game, and the ability to lose games we have no business losing. Today was by far the worst (in terms of choking not in terms of play) because you could see it coming for most of the second half. All of those 3's MSU hit to answer immediately after the Gophers would stretch the lead to more than 10 came back to bite us. We need a cushion at the end of the game because the team cannot operate in the half court at all. I heard Tubby on WCCO allude to the fact that Devoe botched the last play, but the fact remains that two games in a row we've had the ball in our hands with a chance to win the game... and came away with TERRIBLE shots. That's at least partially on Tubby. Think how different this season looks right now if we simply hold a 5 point OT lead at Indiana and an 11 point second half lead at home against MSU. We're 5-2 in the conference and one game out of first place with a lot of winnable games on the schedule. Instead we're 3-4 and on life support in regards to the NCAA tourney.

The Gophers play in the best basketball conference in the country. I'd assume if you can get to 20 wins and win a game or two in the BTT you make the tournament.

The Big 10 is not the best conference in the country.

I am so tired of the choke jobs, the failure to win the big game, and the ability to lose games we have no business losing. Today was by far the worst (in terms of choking not in terms of play) because you could see it coming for most of the second half. All of those 3's MSU hit to answer immediately after the Gophers would stretch the lead to more than 10 came back to bite us. We need a cushion at the end of the game because the team cannot operate in the half court at all. I heard Tubby on WCCO allude to the fact that Devoe botched the last play, but the fact remains that two games in a row we've had the ball in our hands with a chance to win the game... and came away with TERRIBLE shots. That's at least partially on Tubby. Think how different this season looks right now if we simply hold a 5 point OT lead at Indiana and an 11 point second half lead at home against MSU. We're 5-2 in the conference and one game out of first place with a lot of winnable games on the schedule. Instead we're 3-4 and on life support in regards to the NCAA tourney.

I heard Tubby say that too about Devoe blowing the last play. That's completely bush league on Tubby's part. Tubby needs to look himself in the mirror for having the offense pull back into a shell for the last 8 minutes where we were outscored 20-9. This game was a shame because the players played hard all game. We changed our strategy- started playing not to lose and we payed for it.

Just goes to show how fine the W/L line is.

MSU also has 2 players(Lucas and Morgan) that are better than any Gopher players.

There is no doubt in my mind that MSU is a better team. Its heart-breaking that we had a chance to win and did not. Devoe had a good game and struggled toward the end. Bush league on Tubby's part? MSU has a great defense and shut us down in the second half - come up with a strategy for that. MSU shot about 30% in the first half - are we to expect that would continue? It did not and so we lost.

In the closing seconds we had no one to execute and we'd no experience with our cupcake preseason in learning to execute in a close game.

Just goes to show how fine the W/L line is.

MSU also has 2 players(Lucas and Morgan) that are better than any Gopher players.

Agree, much more talent on the Spartans. Just got beat by a more talented team.

Top Bottom