A look back at Colorado's famous 5th down (video)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
All these years later, this is still amazing:

Go Gophers!!

Did no one on Mizzou notice that the downs were incorrect? Someone on the field HAD to have known that 2nd spike was on 4th down.

Hard to believe the referees talked about it on a phone call for 20 minutes and stuck with that decision.

Did no one on Mizzou notice that the downs were incorrect? Someone on the field HAD to have known that 2nd spike was on 4th down.
Would be interesting to know the total payroll that day of Mizzou coaches and staff on field and upstairs who did not know they had taken over on downs and won the game.

Terrible moment in College football. How could that happen with an entire officiating crew?... and the TV crew was just as bad!

Colorado rode that to an AP National Championship

When I watch old clips of college football, the main thing that stands out to me is how much better the passing games have gotten. It makes sense, there are 7-on-7 leagues, HS teams are passing the ball all over the place, and it's just a new kind of game. But it just stands out.

When I watch old clips of college football, the main thing that stands out to me is how much better the passing games have gotten. It makes sense, there are 7-on-7 leagues, HS teams are passing the ball all over the place, and it's just a new kind of game. But it just stands out.
That and the huge shoulder pads!

Reminds me of my grandma playing Yahtzee. My grandpa would say, "How many times are you going to roll!"

Top Bottom