A good omen

Reaction score
We were out in California to visit family over Thanksgiving week. Yeah, now I'm kicking myself for missing the Iowa game. On Saturday we were driving back to L.A. from Mammoth ski area during the game. I was following the game on Sportacular on my iPhone. We stop in this jerkwater town called Bishop (on US395 in the high desert) at a McDonalds for lunch. At this point we've just gone down 24-20. As we're at the counter, in walks this couple where the woman is wearing a Maroon & Gold windbreaker with "Minnesota" on it. I'm wearing a Gopher hat. We start chatting, and it turns out they're originally from Sleepy Eye.

By the time we sit down and begin eating, the Gophers are back on top 27-24. Coincidence, I think not! BTW, Bishop CA is about as far as you can get from anywhere without getting closer to somewhere else. Whoudda thunk I'd bump into another Gopher fan there.

I was really PO'd that I had forgotten to set my DVR to record the game. Luckily I texted the gal who was dogsitting for us, and she was able to record the replay last night.

Go Gophers!

Of course not. It means we're going to hire Ralph John Fritz, who's also from Sleepy Eye.

Top Bottom