A freshmen has left The program

Rasmussen? I heard about Gentry but Doggie tweeted that Gentry was at practice today. Wouldn't Gentry be burning a year of eligibility by sitting out a year for transferring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread title at Rivals says walk on freshman leaves team. Smart to leave walkon off the tweet. More traffic.

lol the perks of paying rivals ... but seriously that 10 mins sucked..

I paid the blood money for a few years and never saw any perks myself. I'd rather pay here for a free site...

Still sucks that anyone is leaving the team. Go Gophers!

I can't even find any info on this dude.... gonna go with it probable doesn't matter. Best of luck to him.

Even with walk-ons, your constrained by a 105 man roster, until the first game or school starts. If someone leaves it opens up a potential preferred walk-on slot.

I hear NDSU is trying to poach Johanneson, telling him that if he transferred he'd be starting on day one next year. Grapevine.

Settle down, folks. In today's college sports landscape, there is more player movement than used to be. And, when you have a mid-season coaching change, a change in assistant coaches, a change in coordinators and/or offensive or defensive philosophy, players are going to re-think their situation.

It's an off-shoot of the move toward more "player rights." Players are being told that they have value - that they deserve to receive compensation for their likeness - that they deserve a larger stipend for expenses, etc. Players are starting to think of themselves almost as independent contractors, who contract with a school for their services - and if they don't like their "deal," they believe they have the right to go out and try to find a better deal. You may not like it, but that's where college sports are heading.

I paid the blood money for a few years and never saw any perks myself. I'd rather pay here for a free site...

I paid for a couple years back in 2007ish, complete waste of money. All the news is posted on Gopherhole within a few minutes anyway.

Top Bottom