A Few Thoughts

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
1. Al Nolen is BIG TIME. He's not just a nifty player or a well-kept secret. He's a star.

2. Performance that must not be overlooked: Devoe Joseph. Freshman. He came in. Handled the ball well against pressure. Scored a basket or two. I kept thinking how lucky we are to have this many battle-ready freshmen.

3. How many turnovers did we have due to the backcourt pressure D? One, maybe two? That's unreal! Besides the bench scoring, that's the stat of the game.

4. Minnesota has an endless bench. I think we all knew that, but some of us were wondering whether Tubby would shorten the bench as opponents improved in quality. If we have the option of playing this many players, we could be virtually foul-trouble proof.

5. That said, there are two players we cannot stand to lose to foul trouble - Nolen and Johnson.

6. And what to say about Johnson. He's an animal. He's a machine. He's a machine-like animal.

Good day to be a Gopher. Ski-U-Mah!!

totally agree on all accounts. i would also add that Blake hit some real big three pointers at some key moments.

The Press

Good points, bad. I particularly marveled at the team's ability to handle the press today. I remember some past years when we watched a game and knew what weaknesses would be extorted in the future - not today!

Top Bottom