A debate I need help with.

WolfontheProwl

Reaction score
Is the Gophers 6-2 record a surprise? I have argued that the Gophers start is great but isn't a big surprise. The team has played the weakest portion of their schedule and come away with a good record even with the loss to Illinois. I would be far more surprised if we win 2 more regular season games because of the competition we will see. I will say coming into the year I thought the Gophers would be a 7-8 win team.

My friend says the 6-2 record is a big shock simply because it hasn't happened all that often for the Gophers.

As a Gopher fan are you shocked by the current record?

Nope not shocked with our current record. If we were 8-0 at this point I would ahve been shocked and if we were 4-4 at this point I would have been shocked. 5-6 wins I expected at this point was expected. 7 maybe would have been pushing it playing TCU and Michigan.

To sum up. After last season as a Gopher fan I was expecting 5-6-7 wins at this point of the season.

If the Gophers played their schedule to this point 10,000 times, the mean number of wins would probably be somewhere between 5 and 6, so being 6-2 shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.

If the Gophers played their schedule to this point 10,000 times, the mean number of wins would probably be somewhere between 5 and 6, so being 6-2 shouldn't surprise anyone at this point.

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest football team in the world.

Given the schedule to date and what we know about the teams we've played, 6-2 should not be a surprise. Even before the year, most probably would've said we have a reasonable shot of losing @ Michigan and @ TCU, and a very good shot at the rest. As it turns out, Michigan is a dumpster fire and we got one that before the year looked difficult, and lost one last weekend that no one thought we should before the year.

Agree with those saying 6-2 is not a surprise at this point. A lot of people probably would have flipped the Michigan and Illinois games but given who we played 5-7 wins at this point should have been expected. Everyone knew going in that the schedule was backloaded this year.

I think it is a bit of a surprise if not looking through maroon and gold goggles. They were not expected to be this good by the national pundits. The defensive line and OL were my concerns going into the season and they continue to be. They have been competitive in every game, but the TCU game. It's really come down to breaks. This team could be 4-4 right now at worst and 7-1 at best.

Top Bottom