A bunch of us said...

TrapperDoo

Reaction score
6 wins in the bag. Some would have said no way. Do we beat MSU? Progress is happening and Coach Kill will keep selling. We are not great yet, but the good things are happening. Coach Kill is getting more out of less- love the QB sneak on 4th and 1. Negative vibes are not welcome here. Go Gophers!

I think we have a real chance to beat MSU. Cold? MSU nothing to play for?? Maxwell is not good at QB.

I think we have a real chance to beat MSU. Cold? MSU nothing to play for?? Maxwell is not good at QB.

MSU could be playing for bowl eligibility that game. If they don't beat Northwestern next week at home, they'll need to beat us.

Go Gophers!!

Some of it will come down to just how motivated MSU is. What worries me though is they have a very good defense and they are very good at running the football. The teams we have struggled with this year are the ones that can run it effectively, we do far better against pass happy squads or teams like Illinois that have no clue what the hell they are doing on offense.

I like that we have them at home and it would be our one shot at a quality Big Ten win this year as I don't see any way we go down to Lincoln and beat Nebraska next week baring a complete miracle.

Is MSU more motivated at 6-5 or 5-6? I don't know.

Michigan State had national title hopes coming in to the year (as far fetched as that sounds). That's how big of a disappointment they have been. I don't think they even care at this point about getting in to some low tier bowl game. They were thinking BCS or Rose Bowl, and now they are 2-4 in the Big Ten. They are hopeless.

Wouldn't say hopeless. They've continued to compete their butts off despite a disappointing season. Have lost four B1G games by 1, 3, 2, and 4 points. Losing to Iowa is the one that's really inexplicable. It's the offense that has let Sparty down. I suspect Dantonio won't let his squad forget the embarrassing loss to the Gophers in 2009, arguably their worst loss in the Dantonio era.

I don't care how motivated they are, I think we have a good shot to beat them, as long as Maxwell, not Bell has the game in their hands.

Wouldn't say hopeless. They've continued to compete their butts off despite a disappointing season. Have lost four B1G games by 1, 3, 2, and 4 points. Losing to Iowa is the one that's really inexplicable. It's the offense that has let Sparty down. I suspect Dantonio won't let his squad forget the embarrassing loss to the Gophers in 2009, arguably their worst loss in the Dantonio era.
Huh? Losing on the road in a Big 10 game is worse than losing at home earlier in the season to Central Michigan? The 2009 MSU team, like the 2009 Gopher team was average at best. The Gophers beat three bowl eligible teams that year: NW, Air Force and MSU. The Spartans beat one: NW. Identical 6-6 records, the Gophers beat them head to head and guess who got to go to San Antonio.

right here dudes...we will smash Michigan State. They are all done.

I suspect Dantonio won't let his squad forget the embarrassing loss to the Gophers in 2009, arguably their worst loss in the Dantonio era.

Honestly, I doubt he even brings that up in his preparation (verbally to the kids). Would do nothing but plant a seed in their minds about what the outcome was.

I thought (at beginning of year) that we may "upset" them. I think 4 of last 5 have been very close games, we beat them last time at home, it will be Senior Day, and weather could be a factor.

Never know with 19-22 year old kids. Just another opportunity to measure steps forward or backward. I do anticipate a great effort by Gophers though.

lol are you serious man?? Michigan state is a bad team they have the worst QB in the BIG! And i wouldnt be surprised if they lost to the gophs by 2TD on senior day!

6 wins in the bag. Some would have said no way. Do we beat MSU? Progress is happening and Coach Kill will keep selling. We are not great yet, but the good things are happening. Coach Kill is getting more out of less- love the QB sneak on 4th and 1. Negative vibes are not welcome here. Go Gophers!

I told you guys two years ago when Kill was hired he'd rebuild the program the right way. I had no idea, though, the Gophers would be bowl eligible in his second season.

Minnesota is not a great team. Lots of work still on Kill's plate. But, he's getting there.

I said (6-6) and a Bowl so I want credit...but I think they can beat Michigan St. who they have played tough...so maybe 7-5.

Michigan State is the more winnable of the two remaining games for no other reason than they have statistically as bad an offense as us in conference play. Both Michigan State and us have scored 113 points in B1G games thus far, for an average of ~18.8 pts per contest. If we score on special teams or maybe on a defensive play we might have a chance to hang with em if we throw 9 in the box all day.

Nebraska on the other hand, no chance. And its too bad because my old man is going to be talking *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# all year after next Saturday...

Kudos to those who picked the Gophers above 5 wins.

Jerry Kill and the players are doing very well in bringing back a modest amount of prestige to the program. Now, if he can just finish his class of 2013 with as much skill. Fill those scholarships.

Huh? Losing on the road in a Big 10 game is worse than losing at home earlier in the season to Central Michigan?

I stand corrected. Forgot about Central Michigan. Should have said arguably the worst "conference loss" in the Dantonio era. It should be a competitive game. I suspect there won't be many points scored.

Top Bottom