A budding friendship: Gophers coaches P.J. Fleck and Richard Pitino

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

P.J. Fleck and Richard Pitino sat in adjoining seats on a coach bus for multiple hours at a time during the Gophers Road Trip across Minnesota.

“That should be a reality show in itself,” Fleck said during the tour’s last stop Wednesday afternoon in Sartell.

During a jaunt Tuesday to Itasca State Park, Fleck and Pitino walked across rocks at the headwaters of the Mississippi River. Fleck eagerly grabbed an oar to match his “Row the Boat” mantra, and Pitino was coaxed into joining his new friend.

“It’s kind of like ‘Step Brothers,’ ” Fleck said of the buddy comedy movie starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.

The pair of young coaches have gravitated to one another since Fleck, 36, was hired to coach the Gophers football program in January, and Pitino, 34, finished coaching his fourth season with the men’s basketball team in March.

“That (friendship’s) based on a lot of humor and sarcasm,” Fleck said. “I appreciate that, though.”

The coaches’ families live four houses apart in Edina, and during the recent northern leg of the road trip, they hatched plans to job shadow each other during their upcoming seasons.

“Coaches always want to have guys that they can pick each other’s brain; not on Xs and Os, (but) how you operate on a daily basis,” Pitino said. “He’s got a really unique way in the culture of his program, and I think he’s taught me a lot in the couple months that I’ve gotten to know him.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/0...gophers-coaches-p-j-fleck-and-richard-pitino/

Go Gophers!!

Cool article. I think that's great news for us that they're neighbors. Hope they become best friends so they're more likely to stick around.

per Greder:

P.J. Fleck and Richard Pitino sat in adjoining seats on a coach bus for multiple hours at a time during the Gophers Road Trip across Minnesota.

“That should be a reality show in itself,” Fleck said during the tour’s last stop Wednesday afternoon in Sartell.

During a jaunt Tuesday to Itasca State Park, Fleck and Pitino walked across rocks at the headwaters of the Mississippi River. Fleck eagerly grabbed an oar to match his “Row the Boat” mantra, and Pitino was coaxed into joining his new friend.

“It’s kind of like ‘Step Brothers,’ ” Fleck said of the buddy comedy movie starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.

The pair of young coaches have gravitated to one another since Fleck, 36, was hired to coach the Gophers football program in January, and Pitino, 34, finished coaching his fourth season with the men’s basketball team in March.

“That (friendship’s) based on a lot of humor and sarcasm,” Fleck said. “I appreciate that, though.”

The coaches’ families live four houses apart in Edina, and during the recent northern leg of the road trip, they hatched plans to job shadow each other during their upcoming seasons.

“Coaches always want to have guys that they can pick each other’s brain; not on Xs and Os, (but) how you operate on a daily basis,” Pitino said. “He’s got a really unique way in the culture of his program, and I think he’s taught me a lot in the couple months that I’ve gotten to know him.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/0...gophers-coaches-p-j-fleck-and-richard-pitino/

Go Gophers!!

If they act like the two characters from step brothers, I would love to have a beer with them

I wonder if do kerote in the garage and have matching night vision goggles sets

Top Bottom