90s music

Time warp. I remember stumbling home from the bar (walking distance) to flip Conan on for this song and subsequent playful interview of the Breeders.

Divine Hammer
Love that song. Always wondered why it was recorded so low on the album.

In honor of Jeff Tweedy's Birthday, here's a rare performance this century of a track from Uncle Tupelo's debut album No Depression.

Screen Door

Anyone seeing Pearl Jam on Thursday and/or Saturday as the X

I just celebrated by 32 year anniversary of seeing them live for the first time at the Mural Amphitheatre

Anyone seeing Pearl Jam on Thursday and/or Saturday as the X

I just celebrated by 32 year anniversary of seeing them live for the first time at the Mural Amphitheatre

Saturday.

From just last week the Breeders are still looking for one Divine Hammer.

The sisters Deal appear to be having a good time.

I bought in and purchased Beck's single Loser shortly after it was released. Did I envision he would continue to be relevant 30 years later and I would still be a fan, heck no.

Here's a clip from just last month.

Are we sure Hansen and Michael Cera were not separated at birth?

Swear to god, I had no idea this was in the works when I posted Divine Hammer last month. The Breeders just released this J Mascis version of the song, so I don't think technically it's a cover.

Whatever, is cool with me.

Swear to god, I had no idea this was in the works when I posted Divine Hammer last month. The Breeders just released this J Mascis version of the song, so I don't think technically it's a cover.

Whatever, is cool with me.
I saw that a little while ago. Interesting for sure. Two of my favorite artists.

I saw that a little while ago. Interesting for sure. Two of my favorite artists.
I would like to think the Deals and J are Gopher fans following the OT board.

This song barely makes the 90s cutoff having been released on 1999. Only 2 of the Wilco members when it was recorded are still in the band.

However, the 4 "newbies" have now been performing it just shy of 20 years. They all own it, especially drummer Glenn Kotche. It's a huge crowd pleaser, and the show I saw Monday was no exception.

Via Chicago. The Portuguese subtitles are a bonus, circa 2011.

Of any of Jeff Tweedy's songs with Uncle Tupelo, this one has the best chance of making it onto Wilco setlists. Here he is playing it in the his living room.

New Madrid

Several years ago while walking in the MPLS skyways I happened upon a street musician belting it out. Guy had to be in his 60s or 70s. He was doing it justice, so I threw a $5 bill into his guitar case that had mostly singles and coins.

I'm forever a metalhead but these three (3) albums from the 90's just never get old for me. Equally good from start to finish:

Seven Mary Three "American Standard" (1995)
1699717058596.png

Live "Mental Jewelry" (1991)
1699717144586.png

The Tragically Hip "Fully Completely" (1992)
1699717328405.png

I don't know why, but this song popped into my head the other day. Might be the most tuneful song there is about our fair city.

Smashing Pumpkins acoustic show celebrating the 30 year anniversary of 'Siamese Dream' was uploaded to youtube.....and it's awesome.

It's always been difficult for me to separate the Lemonheads albums "It's a Shame About Ray" (1992) and "Come on Feel the Lemonheads" (1993). It's not just because they were released in back-to-back years, but my car through the 90s only had a cassette player.

Thus I made a copy from my CDs, Side A & B respectively which fit on a 90 min cassette just fine. It felt very hard to distinguish when one album started and the other finished.

Both are being highlighted in a 3 night extravaganza this weekend at SPACE in Evanston, IL.

The Great Big No

I hope Evan's voice makes it through the event, especially Night 2.

Liz Phair performing recently with the singer she name checks on this Whip Smart tune.

Go West

Song of the Day.

WILCO / Monday

I Feel Alright was the album that turned me from a casual to a hard core Steve Earle fan. Song of the Day:

Valentine's Day

Top Bottom