9-9 Will Be 4th Place (Tie) In B10 This Year

8-10 and the Gophers are in... Loss to Michigan hurt... sweep Mich and the Gophers are in...

I figured either 9-9 or 8-10

With 9-9 putting us in the middle of the pack. I think there are only 3 legit teams in the Big Ten that should be in ( Bucko's, Skunks and the Boilers) Any of the others that get in are afterthoughts
On the Gophers, I for one thought that they would miss DJ and Westbrook more than most fans thought. DJ gave us great defense and could step out and hit a three once in awhile. He also hit the open shot when it was there and finished around the basket. Westbrook was one of our best ball defenders. The run we made in the BTT Tuby had Westbrook guard the toughest BC player to free up Devoe to concentrate on offense. Yes Westbrook was a Chinese fire drill out on the court,
but he gave us creativity putting the ball on the floor and hitting the 3 at crunch time. This year I never bought in that any of the freshmen would be impact players. The best of the group ( Walker) was shelved early. I remember Al McGuire saying the best thing about freshmen is when they become sophmores. I guess the biggest dissapointment to me this year was the regression of Iverson. I thought he was really going to be a force after the way he played toward the end of last season. He has now lost all offensive capabilities except for an occasional put back. 9-9 is now a vague memmory. Truly a stinker of a season that won't be hard to forget.

With 9-9 putting us in the middle of the pack. I think there are only 3 legit teams in the Big Ten that should be in ( Bucko's, Skunks and the Boilers) Any of the others that get in are afterthoughts
On the Gophers, I for one thought that they would miss DJ and Westbrook more than most fans thought. DJ gave us great defense and could step out and hit a three once in awhile. He also hit the open shot when it was there and finished around the basket. Westbrook was one of our best ball defenders. The run we made in the BTT Tuby had Westbrook guard the toughest BC player to free up Devoe to concentrate on offense. Yes Westbrook was a Chinese fire drill out on the court,
but he gave us creativity putting the ball on the floor and hitting the 3 at crunch time. This year I never bought in that any of the freshmen would be impact players. The best of the group ( Walker) was shelved early. I remember Al McGuire saying the best thing about freshmen is when they become sophmores. I guess the biggest dissapointment to me this year was the regression of Iverson. I thought he was really going to be a force after the way he played toward the end of last season. He has now lost all offensive capabilities except for an occasional put back. 9-9 is now a vague memmory. Truly a stinker of a season that won't be hard to forget.

Well put.

Agree with most of what you say but Westbrook was no gem as far as a ball defender either. When we lost Al and Devoe was playing pg it became apparant after a couple of games that Devoe was not quick enough to defend the opposing pg. With Hoff, Westbrook and Devoe in the line-up, Westbrook became the pg defender by default.

"Westbrook became our best PG defender by default"

Westbrook was the best we had is basically what I meant. I remember Tuby being on Sid and saying when Westbrook concentrated on playing the man and not the ball he was our best defender. He played his best and most unselfish ball last year in the BTT and was one of the reasons why we made the run we did. I didn't like some of his "me first" antics on the court, but I did laugh my ass off when he was running the shot clock down against Becky at the Barn and he went for the jam. We were watching the game down here in Florida and there were a bunch of Becky fans in attendence and boy were they pissed. It was bush league on Westbrooks part, but damn did I enjoy it!

FOT,

Why do you have to be so combative and mean-spirited?

There are varying opinions out here and if someone doesn't agree with you, do they really deserve the name calling?

Top Bottom