• 8-5

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • 7-6

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
It’ll be a TALL task given what we have seen lately, but if we do end up at 9-4 (win both at WI and our bowl game), it don’t look bad, right?!

2019: 11-2
2020: don’t count
2021: 9-4
2020: 9-4

Based on overall records and improved players’ cumulative GPAs, PJ looked to be a saint in the eyes of Mark.

But at 9-4 for this year, as much as we bitched and were pissed off most of the season, that number looks pretty good.

I mean, winning the remaining two is hardly a given so we’ll see. If we end up 7-6, then I think more shit will be thrown at the fan.

I voted 9-4, but that all depends on the bowl opponent. I always I have belief we beat wisconsin, even in the long drought

The difference between 8-4/Axe win/probable SEC bowl matchup and 7-5/loss in both important trophy games/Pinstripe or Motor City Bowl is significant. Fleck knows this. I think him and KC will have some plays drawn up for Saturday. Another vanilla gameplan with poor clock management and a loss will send the team into the offseason on a really negative note regardless of the yawn worthy bowl matchup.

The difference between 8-4/Axe win/probable SEC bowl matchup and 7-5/loss in both important trophy games/Pinstripe or Motor City Bowl is significant. Fleck knows this. I think him and KC will have some plays drawn up for Saturday. Another vanilla gameplan with poor clock management and a loss will send the team into the offseason on a really negative note regardless of the yawn worthy bowl matchup.
Hopefully that doesn't include calling 3 timeouts in the 1st quarter because they can't figure out how to manage the play clock

Hopefully that doesn't include calling 3 timeouts in the 1st quarter because they can't figure out how to manage the play clock
I think we do miss Seth Green being able to reliably provide a 1-2 yard wildcat first down...

I went 9-4 because I think we'll get it together against wisconsin who has struggled on defense at times. The bowl game will be against a very mediocre opponent because we'll be sent to the Pinstripe Bowl.

It’ll be a TALL task given what we have seen lately, but if we do end up at 9-4 (win both at WI and our bowl game), it don’t look bad, right?!

Based on overall records and improved players’ cumulative GPAs, PJ looked to be a saint in the eyes of Mark.

But at 9-4 for this year, as much as we bitched and were pissed off most of the season, that number looks pretty good.

I mean, winning the remaining two is hardly a given so we’ll see. If we end up 7-6, then I think more shit will be thrown at the fan.
No, it really doesn't. Not this year. Nope.

They do know this. Because it is a correct and perfectly reasonable assessment.

And I do not think they will do a single wrinkle. I think they'll just do the same damn thing.

Examples why I think that:
- this year when the passing game died, Fleck's basic answer was "well, the guys just have to execute like they did against MSU" -- not "we need to change things"
- in 2020 when the offense was awful, we didn't change anything.

It's Fleck. He's the captain of the boat.

Someone on watch yells "Iceberg!!!! Dead ahead!!!!" and Fleck is like "yeah well, you know what, we just need to execute better. We need to let it hit and tear a massive hole right down our hull, so we can learn from that failure, change our best, have a Nekton mentality, and learn to row the boat"

Should have been a 12-2 season. Maybe even 13-1, but 9-4 is still nice if we winter the Axe in Mpls.

Tell me you made this so voters can’t change their votes

Last edited:

I heard during the broadcast that we haven't had two 9 win seasons in a row since 1904 or something like that.

Top Bottom