9/12 schedule of events... something missing???!?!

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Hey, I got the email from Gopher Sports with the schedule of events for tomorrow and I noticed something is MISSING. It has NO MENTION of the pregame band performance at 5:00 PM under the Chippewa County sign. Is this just a mistaken omission or has it been cancelled for this first game?

I was planning to do the victory walk, head to the Chippewa Valley sign, catch the band, and then head into the stadium but now I'm not sure what to make of the schedule.

Here is a cut/paste of the schedule from the email, which differs from the tacked game day schedule on the top of this topic listing...

INAUGURAL GAME - Schedule of Events

12:00 noon Designated Tailgate lots open
3:00pm Game Day Party at McNamara Alumni Center - interactive games, food and beverages
4:00pm Gopher Victory Walk - McNamara Alumni Center to TCF Bank Stadium
4:00pm Premium Ticket Gate Opens
4:20pm Ribbon cutting ceremony at Student Gate C
4:30pm Gates Open
5:35pm Marching band pre-game show on field
5:54pm Intro Video - Get on your feet and get ready to bring out the Gophers!
5:55pm Gophers enter field
5:55:30pm Air Force enters the field
5:56pm National Anthem
5:57:30pm Air Force F-16 flyovers and fireworks
5:58pm Honorary Captain Ceremony and Coin Toss
6:02pm Kick-off - Minnesota vs. Air Force

I copied the next schedule from the Marching Band's website. The band website leads me to believe it is still holding the stadium exterior show (see the 4:55 entry) but overall the times on their schedule don't seem to match the Gopher Sports email...

SAT SEPT 12
9:00 Concert Set [Field]
9:15 Fundamentals
9:30 Halftime
10:20 Pregame
3:40 GVW Band departs
4:00 Tailgate Bands depart
4:25 Inspection
4:55 March Around/Plaza Show
5:41 Pregame Show
6:02 Kickoff vs Air Force

6:04pm Weber to Decker for a 46 yard TD.

Go Gophers!!

5:00 at Chippewa

Looks like an oversight. I've seen it listed on other schedules Athletics has put out there.

We will be doing our "Plaza Show". We are lining up outside our space (Pope County) and marching around (clockwise) to the south side of the stadium and performing near the Chippewa County sign.

The time differentials are because some the times we've listed for the band students are departure times to various locations. On-field pregame show time might shift slightly as we fine-tune our performance timings to make sure we line up the banner and fly-over.

Looks like an oversight. I've seen it listed on other schedules Athletics has put out there.

We will be doing our "Plaza Show". We are lining up outside our space (Pope County) and marching around (clockwise) to the south side of the stadium and performing near the Chippewa County sign.

The time differentials are because some the times we've listed for the band students are departure times to various locations. On-field pregame show time might shift slightly as we fine-tune our performance timings to make sure we line up the banner and fly-over.

Excellent news. Great. I'd hate to miss that plaza show. I often took it in at the Metrodome as it was one of the few "authentic" feeling events there.

They also omitted the 'lift your shirt' strategy when the opposing team is attempting a PAT or FG. Odd.

Sounds awesome. Have a great day tomorrow. Can't wait to check out the stadium October 3rd.

One of my favorite things is listening to the band play before heading to Camp Randall.

Where is inspection going to be held? Indoors?

Top Bottom