8 BT games

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Is it unrealistic to think that the Gophers SHOULD win the 8 BT games they have this year with Nwestern, Indiana, Penn St, and Iowa? Those 4 teams are definitely the worst in the league this year and, in my opinion, there is a pretty big dropoff from the rest of the league to those teams. I know it's tough to win on the road and all in the BT, but those 4 teams have not been impressive at all so far.

Throw in 2 for sure home wins in Wisconsin and Illinois and thats 10 wins... with other games very possible yet not for sures i see 12 wins

Throw in 2 for sure home wins in Wisconsin and Illinois and thats 10 wins... with other games very possible yet not for sures i see 12 wins

We don't play Illinois at home, and how could you count that as a sure win anyway? Never count out WI or IL

Hmmm

Now we're counting top 25 teams as sure wins (Illinois). :eek:

Wisconsin is no push-over. They are big, well coached and they can shoot.

I don't quite drink the maroon and gold juice to the extent of some people on here, in fact I can be a Debbie Downer more often than not in regards to how quickly we will be a force to be reckoned with....that being said, I think only 8 wins is much too conservative. this season with this team we should be able to accomplish 10-8 MINIMUM. I will be very disappointed if we have a worse record than that, and I could even see us getting to 12-6.

It's a pretty safe bet that both NU and IU will pick up a "surprise" win over at least one of the top seven teams in the conference. Penn State may have one in them, and even Iowa might if they get hot from 3 one night and they play well defensively. None of those teams is particularly good, but as NU learns to play without Coble and as IU's young players mature and get better, neither will probably be a guaranteed out.

If you twisted my arm, I'd say the number is 5. Absolutely must beat Iowa twice & Indiana, Northwestern and Penn State for sure at home. Am not ready to assume the Gophers will beat Indiana, Northwestern and Penn State at home.

Top Bottom