8/24 Commit Updates

RoyalGopher

Reaction score
I thought we could get a thread going about our commit's performances and game results each week.

- Chris Streveler ran the ball 21 times for 112 yards and 3 touchdowns. He completed 15 of 22 passes for 197 yards and a touchdown. Marian Central Catholic, Streveler's school, beat Crystal Lake South 31-0.
- Owen Salzwedel and Beaver Dam beat Waupun 41-20. I didn't find anything specific about Salzwedel's performance.
- Savannah Christian lost to Jenkins 21-20. I didn't find anything specific about Myrick's performance.
- Hinojosa plays tonight at Hutchinson CC.

If anyone finds any other articles, stats, etc. definitely post them.

Any idea the size of the conference that Streveler plays in? Is it one of the bigger, more competitive conferences in the state?

I'll add some links as well to this thread about our commits as they pop up.

Streveler leads Marian Central

In fact, Streveler is so big and fast (4.47 speed) and so athletic that Minnesota is toying with the idea of converting him into a safety.

"They are bringing me in as a quarterback. That's what I do best," Streveler said. "But if I'm stuck at the bottom of the depth chart, I would let them move me to safety or receiver. I'll do anything to get on the field.

"Minnesota was my only big offer. I also had an offer from North Dakota State. I love the staff at Minnesota. They will have a good program. I'm excited about the direction they are going in. I could see an argument to wait. I thought about other schools that could offer. But Minnesota was on top of my board. I jumped at it. I couldn't be happier."

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/news/Streveler-leads-Marian-Central?blockID=760451&feedID=629

Any idea the size of the conference that Streveler plays in? Is it one of the bigger, more competitive conferences in the state?

Marian Central is in 5A out of 8A. They play in a pretty tough private school conference with Montini, which is one of the states best football teams. Montini may be the only close game this year if they play like they did last night. Streveler may only play till halftime in most of the games.

The team Streveler played last night, Crystal Lake South, was a non conference opponent which lost in the state semis last year in 7A and are ranked in the top 10 preseason poll. Crystal Lake South has been one of the better defensive teams in the state the past 5 years and were supposed to be very good this year. So the game was supposed to be more competitive.

I watched the game and Streveler dominated. He is 20-25 lbs bigger than last year and still just as fast. His throwing motion is way better than last year, he has a quicker, smoother release with more zip on the ball. 4 out of his 7 incompletions were drops, and the other 3 were on deep balls that were a step overthrown.

Marian Central is in 5A out of 8A. They play in a pretty tough private school conference with Montini, which is one of the states best football teams. Montini may be the only close game this year if they play like they did last night. Streveler may only play till halftime in most of the games.

The team Streveler played last night, Crystal Lake South, was a non conference opponent which lost in the state semis last year in 7A and are ranked in the top 10 preseason poll. Crystal Lake South has been one of the better defensive teams in the state the past 5 years and were supposed to be very good this year. So the game was supposed to be more competitive.

I watched the game and Streveler dominated. He is 20-25 lbs bigger than last year and still just as fast. His throwing motion is way better than last year, he has a quicker, smoother release with more zip on the ball. 4 out of his 7 incompletions were drops, and the other 3 were on deep balls that were a step overthrown.

Awesome. Glad this kid is a Gopher!

It doesn't appear that Jordan Hinojosa is playing; he is not listed on the Hutchinson CC roster.

Is it possible that Hinojosa doesn't play so he has 4 years of eligibility when he comes next year?

I'll add some links as well to this thread about our commits as they pop up.

Streveler leads Marian Central

In fact, Streveler is so big and fast (4.47 speed) and so athletic that Minnesota is toying with the idea of converting him into a safety.

"They are bringing me in as a quarterback. That's what I do best," Streveler said. "But if I'm stuck at the bottom of the depth chart, I would let them move me to safety or receiver. I'll do anything to get on the field.

"Minnesota was my only big offer. I also had an offer from North Dakota State. I love the staff at Minnesota. They will have a good program. I'm excited about the direction they are going in. I could see an argument to wait. I thought about other schools that could offer. But Minnesota was on top of my board. I jumped at it. I couldn't be happier."

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/news/Streveler-leads-Marian-Central?blockID=760451&feedID=629
I'm starting to think that Kill may have found a real under the radar player in Streveler.

I'm starting to think that Kill may have found a real under the radar player in Streveler.

Comment about Streveler from the opposing coach: He's a heck of an athlete," Gators coach Chuck Ahsmann said. "He can
run, he has speed and size, and on the film you can't really see that.
He's really good. They're really good. That's a heck of a football
team."

Top Bottom